Dutch Oven Lid

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting a Union camp in west central Mississippi since Thanksgiving. I found a very deep signal and had to abandon it because the ground was just too hard. Well, we finally had some rain and snow so I went back yesterday and re-dug it and popped out this lid to a camp Dutch oven. Thought it was pretty neat and wanted to share with the group. lid.JPG

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is dang cool!! I can just imagine soilders standing around that thing waiting on some grub. Nice find!
You have to dig those deep iron signals at a site like that. I found a part to a coffee grinder once in a breast works, and also found a Cannon ball about 18 inches deep.
If it beeps, dig it.

HH, RN

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I love relics like this that we so important to the soldiers. I almost didn't dig it because it was so deep but there is NO JUNK in this camp so I convinced myself to go for it and dig it up. Glad I did now. Thanks for the comments.

OP
OP
R

Ripcon

Sep 4, 2016
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a question...Would any of you preserve this lid by putting a Rust Preventer on it? The lid seems to be in good shape but the rust preventer will turn it black and keep any rust from coming back on it. Any ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread