Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree20Likes
  • 7 Post By Joe G from Md
  • 3 Post By d2
  • 1 Post By SD51
  • 1 Post By devldog
  • 2 Post By Joe G from Md
  • 5 Post By fyrffytr1
  • 1 Post By Davers

Thread: Austrian.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2017
    Kentucky
    Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
    276 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Austrian.

Found this Austrian bayonet on Antietam Battlefield. Also found 26 bullets in one hole. 24 were .69cal. and four were .58cal. My brother already posted them for me. [bullet spill]. Found a finial and one percussion cap. Alas no box plate. Was hunting about 40 yards away their was a lot of surface junk [barbedwire and nails] Was scraping away junk with my boot when this bayonet stood straight up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	4.05 MB 
ID:	1547982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	1547983  
    relic nut, Davers, Spats and 4 others like this.

d2
    us
    Mar 2005
    Arkansas
    Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
    742 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That is GREAT!!!!! That is how I found mine, scraped the leaves back to make sure there wasn't a plow point or something of the such under them and the socket rolled up. You could of knocked me over with a feather...d2

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    1314 times
    I've have to ask, you said, "Found this Austrian bayonet on Antietam Battlefield". Is there an approved dig on the battlefield?
    devldog likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    642 times
    Relic Hunting
    JoeG, Fantastic Find of the bayonette. Are you FF1's brother? I read the post about the bullet spill. A super find indeed.
    Davers likes this.

us
    Dec 2017
    Kentucky
    Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
    276 times
    First question. NO this was found on private land. Thanks for the interest, SD51. Next question, yes, FF1 is my brother. Thanks devldog.
    SD51 and devldog like this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    White's DFX
    3160 times
    I am JoeG's older brother. He has an awesome collection of artifacts from colonial on up and the reason for that is he stayed in Maryland a lot longer than I did. I left in 1969 and only returned for vacation every couple years. If I had stayed he wouldn't have near as many finds because I would have either found them first or I would have taken them from him!
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    3492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fyrffytr1 View Post
    I am JoeG's older brother. He has an awesome collection of artifacts from colonial on up and the reason for that is he stayed in Maryland a lot longer than I did. I left in 1969 and only returned for vacation every couple years. If I had stayed he wouldn't have near as many finds because I would have either found them first or I would have taken them from him!
    LOL!!!

Fantastic Bayonet .

I have never found one.

FWIW
    I find that many relics if found in or on undisturbed ground (Woods, hillsides ) really don't migrate that deep.
    In my area N, Atlanta , in un- plowed areas Minnies avg a depth of 4-6 inches.

Also of the few Spurs I have found they were basically right under the leaves , most buttons to, but that's here .
    devldog likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we Start at the top,with the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through True faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or True Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with Both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    642 times
    Relic Hunting
    I have one bayonet in my collection given to me by a friend. It was non dug, and came from her Father's old barn. Unfortunately she could not remember the story about this piece or how it came about being in her Father's barn. This is a Hall Socket bayonet stamped U.S.
    Last edited by devldog; Feb 17, 2018 at 08:48 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links