d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like bullets too, just about my favorite thing to find. We have some fairly rare ones here on this side of the MS river. I've always wanted to find a Savage but never have. My digging partmer and I refer to them as COMMON and UN-COMMON when we come across something besides .58 bullets. Those are great...d2

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been a lot of discussion here about the "pain" bullet theory and most agree that it is false. Imagine having a limb amputated and someone puts a small object in your mouth. You yell out in pain or pass out and where does the bullet most likely go? Down your throat. Some have said that soldiers chewed on the lead to get minerals needed for their health, I could go along with that quicker than the pain theory. Most all bullets like that have been chewed by animals, again for the mineral content.

Last edited:

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It does look hog chewed, saying that I have one that I carried to the dentist and he said chewed by man. That being said I think they'd put round balls in their mouth to chew on while in battle or for something to do like we would chew gum now. I've seen "pain" bullets for sale on ebay that it was 100% evident that it had been chewed on by rodents, mice, squirrels etc. I even asked the sellers if they were chewed on by rodents and they said no. What folks will do for a dollar amazes me...d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread