Scratch "C" on cloak clasp

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this a few weeks ago with my new Equinox 800 on a Confederate cavalry site. First day out and last 20 minutes figured out the machine more and I'm very impressed with the machine. Will be going back there this weekend for a full day's hunt if weather permits. I was told this was a cloak clasp of some sort, but you can see where a soldier scratched a "C" on it. My guess is for cavalry, since that's how the big C cavalry buttons were. AA.jpg A.jpg

Upvote 0

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi that is a nice find :icon_thumright:

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like it was made like that buddy. Cool find. I'd love to dig something Confederate with a C on it. Hell I'd love to dig anything with a C on it. That's one of the things that have eluded me so far. HH

OP
OP
Worm-Slicer

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like it was made like that buddy. Cool find. I'd love to dig something Confederate with a C on it. Hell I'd love to dig anything with a C on it. That's one of the things that have eluded me so far. HH
You're right about that, anything marked Confederate is super-hard to find and no question my favorite to find too. Probably every other Civil War relic hunter's favorite too. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread