Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
So glad to get out today. We had a bit of weather here yesterday and was hoping to get a bit of hunting in even if I had to deal with the sloppy conditions. Fortunately, not enough rain to matter.

This is the same property I pulled the 1850 Scovill Eagle button, the bayonet scabbard tip & just recently, the well debated, tent rope tightener. Also a couple of non North American Indian artifacts :tongue3:

So, while walking a steep creekside slope, that I have mildly worked due to its high can slaw content, I get a descent enough signal at 5". Ah! Roundball!! Looked like another 69 in the ground, but noticeably heavier.
75CalRB Field.jpg

Got up to drop down 5' away on to a 3 tongue buckle. Not sure if this is special or not, so anyone who recognizes this, please chime in. I haven't done any research yet on it.
Triple Tine Buckle Field.jpg

And another couple of yards away yielded a fresh, uncut sprue, 0.359-363" RB.
36CalRB Field.jpg

After cleanup...
36 75 buckle.jpg
...I discovered it wasn't a 69!! I dug my 1st 75CalRB. 0.723-742" min/max diameter at 36.85 grams or 569 grains!! Sprue filed.

Here's a pic along side the "offset 69" I posted the other day.
36 69 75 buckle.jpg

And a side view of the tines on the buckle
Buckle Tines.jpg

GL & HH All!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big day today , Dr, Coin Store , Friends to visit .

Just wanted to comment with "My opinion" first The buckle , I like it , if it was found near other Civil War stuff I'd keep it with other CW stuff, it look's nice Did you cook-it?

Very nice 3 sizes of Round Balls a 75 cal is big for a GA Ball for N GA;, Brown Bess size Cool.

Have a good one
Davey

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The buckle could be part of a suspender buckle. I think that because of the "tines" on it look like ones on a typical one to catch the suspender. If I remember correctly I think I may have some brass ones somewhere that looks very similar. I have no idea where though in my mountain of boxes I store stuff in.lol That would be my guess though.

OP
OP
Yak1366

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
The buckle could be part of a suspender buckle. I think that because of the "tines" on it look like ones on a typical one to catch the suspender. If I remember correctly I think I may have some brass ones somewhere that looks very similar. I have no idea where though in my mountain of boxes I store stuff in.lol That would be my guess though.

You're probably right. I've searched for frame, sling, harness, suspender, etc. Can't find anything like it. And it's ferrous, so probably nothing special.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I know !!!

I know exactly how you feel Worm-Slicer ( so much "Stuff" so little room ).:icon_thumleft:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're probably right. I've searched for frame, sling, harness, suspender, etc. Can't find anything like it. And it's ferrous, so probably nothing special.

Yo Yak .
I beg to differ ; in my little world every relic is Special ...."A"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions