Louisiana Button

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good one! Louisiana militia button (Alberts LA8), which is an amazing button to dig, but what makes it even more special, the back is an inverted Texas button face (Alberts TX 30). A local button, of New Orleans manufacture, most likely the work of C. Bellenot as he was producing both these buttons at the time. This is not a field repair, but an actual manufactured button. My theory is that he possibly was short of button backs and used the Texas face as a substitute. I am not aware of any other examples, I would guess they are not many if any more like this. I usually like to provide the location of the recovery, but in this case the site was found using available records and is still in existence.

D.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy smokes! That is something really special. I've not seen anything like that before.

Big congrats to you sir.

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet button, Darryl. When are we going digging together, buddy.

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one sweet button, Darryl. When are we going digging together, buddy.

Like I said in the post, this site is still there and I'm sure there are still some nice things hiding around. I haven't really swung a detector in a while for personal reasons, but getting out the old relics and talking to you guys on the forum, I am thinking it may be time to get out there again. I even repaired my trusty ole 1266 a few weeks ago and pulled a silver quarter from an old homesite in the woods behind my house.

D.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good one! Louisiana militia button (Alberts LA8), which is an amazing button to dig, but what makes it even more special, the back is an inverted Texas button face (Alberts TX 30). A local button, of New Orleans manufacture, most likely the work of C. Bellenot as he was producing both these buttons at the time. This is not a field repair, but an actual manufactured button. My theory is that he possibly was short of button backs and used the Texas face as a substitute. I am not aware of any other examples, I would guess they are not many if any more like this. I usually like to provide the location of the recovery, but in this case the site was found using available records and is still in existence.

D.

WOW ! Man
Now that's priceless imo , "An LA with a TX Back " WOW!
&
In Super Shape also , I understand your 'Site' thing ( just pm me..LOL) ; How long ago dig you dig that beauty.?
Any Confederate State Button is my "Material" Holy Grail Esp , a LA, TX , MS , of course AL , TN or AK , I do believe there are still some SC Or NC Sunburst out there waiting for me tho , but to get a LA with a Texas Back is AWESOME!!!!

A well deserved avatar .

If you can get one of them avatar's that move & will flip & show both the front & back of your AWESOME button , if you want ???

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this one about 10 years ago, the site is still the same, we just hunted it to the limits of our machines back then. I have a new machine on order and plan to go back and visit some of my old sites. (well, the ones that are still around) with the new technology that is available now and see what we missed.

D.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug this one about 10 years ago, the site is still the same, we just hunted it to the limits of our machines back then. I have a new machine on order and plan to go back and visit some of my old sites. (well, the ones that are still around) with the new technology that is available now and see what we missed.

D.

Well good luck.
What machine are you getting (if you don't mind)?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said in the post, this site is still there and I'm sure there are still some nice things hiding around. I haven't really swung a detector in a while for personal reasons, but getting out the old relics and talking to you guys on the forum, I am thinking it may be time to get out there again. I even repaired my trusty ole 1266 a few weeks ago and pulled a silver quarter from an old homesite in the woods behind my house.

D.

Missed this one, My ole 1266 is 'Band-aided' up & still runs 'Changing the Batteries will be fun' & is still IMO my deepest machine. Just got to get used to the Weight again.

In our soil , Most guys use F-75's from here out to Paulding , a few have gotten the Duce bug.
&
The most fur-vent hunters have gone to pulse machines in few rum TDI's & Some Brave souls Use the or a GPX Series machine to depths that amaze me. I have thought about getting a GPX or a TDI but my sites are ones that stuff did not really get that deep , Those who have learned the GPX especially have done well in old hunted hard sites.

They work well is those hot Rock sites in Cobb u likely know about. Big investment tho.

I'd be thrilled to get 5 Silver Quarters a year actually I avg, about 2 lol. but I like the woods.
Good luck .
Summer is the time I cruze NW Atlanta & a few other areas , looking for an opining.
I may see you some day.
Davers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good luck.
What machine are you getting (if you don't mind)?

I have an Equinox 800 on order. I feel that it's multi frequencies and fast recovery speed may pull a few more relics from some of the trashy and/or iron laden sites.

D.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something told me that's what you were gonna say.

I'm debating on Sending in my Tejon ( It's like the 1266-X) or sell / give away the coils , sell a B New AT-Pro & getting an EQ -800.
As in Most cases "Site" will trump machine type.

Again GL.

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have both of my 1266's and a Tesoro Bandito Umax. I love my 66's but I thought if I was going to get back in the game and be serious about it I would need to step up in technology.

D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread