My plates & other goodies

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's all my plates & explosive bullets. I've been relic hunting for 20 years. I've dug thousands of bullets over the years. It just shows you that most of the plates were found in the 70's & 80's. I still have pretty much everything I've ever found. I guess I'm a hoarder lol.

Attachments

• 15271032937000.jpg
    15271032937000.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 15271036421191.jpg
    15271036421191.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 15271036574032.jpg
    15271036574032.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice batch of goodies and must really be nice sitting by the table, reliving each find. I need me something like that for displaying. Most of my stuff is labeled in boxes or totes.

JBnNC

May 25, 2013
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Love your display.....a lot of items in there that I would love to find.....#1 is probably the sword belt plate!--JB

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice batch of goodies and must really be nice sitting by the table, reliving each find. I need me something like that for displaying. Most of my stuff is labeled in boxes or totes.

I've got stuff all over the place buddy. It's nuts.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love your display.....a lot of items in there that I would love to find.....#1 is probably the sword belt plate!--JB
The sword belt plate came on a hunch buddy. It paid off.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very impressive display. Never sell your collection. What price could really be put on History? Not only the relics but the personal stories and History that goes along with each piece when they were found. I plan on keeping my collection in the family and pass it down after I'm gone. If I hear the collection is being split up or sold, I'll come back and Haunt the heck out of whoever is responsible.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just like most of my relics , I do have a master plan but I need a good size Room A couple China hutches , security system , lol

I don't have that much but would also display other things in my "Room".

It sucks that nobody really see's & enjoys the my dug relics.

Man I need to proof read my posts , y'all must think i'm on dope. lol

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's all my plates & explosive bullets. I've been relic hunting for 20 years. I've dug thousands of bullets over the years. It just shows you that most of the plates were found in the 70's & 80's. I still have pretty much everything I've ever found. I guess I'm a hoarder lol.

A beautiful site Buddy.

You have a-lot of 'B.G.T.S ' or Big Gig in The Sky.

Finds just on that table , I agree in most areas the Plates Have been gone for years .
&
Buttons to it seems ??? Sometimes I wonder if the early diggers got tired of digging Bullets & thew many back to the ground.
Or as Butch H said " there must have been quite a few 'nudist' Brigades".

A great picture thanks for posting it.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive display. Never sell your collection. What price could really be put on History? Not only the relics but the personal stories and History that goes along with each piece when they were found. I plan on keeping my collection in the family and pass it down after I'm gone. If I hear the collection is being split up or sold, I'll come back and Haunt the heck out of whoever is responsible.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been in our home now for going on 20 years. The home we lived in before was a little smaller and I was involved in Living History during the time. I had stuff located everywhere. Under beds, in top of closets, Like an order of Waffle House hash browns......scattered, smothered, and covered. I had always said that if we ever bought another house it would have a bonus room where I could house all my stuff in one room and one location. We bought the house we are in now and it has a bonus room. I was able to put everything in this one room and out from every nook and cranny throughout the house. Metal detectors, relics, all my Living history uniforms and equipment, and books. It was a work in progress, but I was able to get it all put together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I referred to this as my Historical Room, my wife, My Hysterical Room. Lol

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have been in our home now for going on 20 years. The home we lived in before was a little smaller and I was involved in Living History during the time. I had stuff located everywhere. Under beds, in top of closets, Like an order of Waffle House hash browns......scattered, smothered, and covered. I had always said that if we ever bought another house it would have a bonus room where I could house all my stuff in one room and one location. We bought the house we are in now and it has a bonus room. I was able to put everything in this one room and out from every nook and cranny throughout the house. Metal detectors, relics, all my Living history uniforms and equipment, and books. It was a work in progress, but I was able to get it all put together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I referred to this as my Historical Room, my wife, My Hysterical Room. Lol

Cool. Someday I'm going to dedicate a room for my detecing finds. Someday.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can do it, and when all is said and done it will be well worth it all.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know how to do it though. I'll have to reenforces my floor lol.

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing wrong with hoarding CW relics. I would love to have a collection like that one day. My grandpa has been a CW relic hunter for 40 years but I guess he needed some cash and sold it for $36,000 a few years back. I can only imagine how good sites were back in the 70s and 80s.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Relics, especially the better ones are getting harder to find, but what amazes me is the number of really nice relics that are still being found today in Virginia and Tennessee.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

'Tiz' My master plan for the future , until then I "scattered smothered , covered & chunked. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread