I found a civil war token today. First ever

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got out yesterday for a little bit. It was hot & humid so I didn't last long. A big thunderstorm rolled in on me also. I got back today & found a civil war token. My very first. I haven't had a chance to clean up my finds but I'm posting them anyway. I found a couple Gardner's today in a full blown union spot. It's not the first time that's happened. HH

Attachments

• 15275480747970.jpg
    15275480747970.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 15275480852941.jpg
    15275480852941.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 15274762769000.jpg
    15274762769000.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 15275481024792.jpg
    15275481024792.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a great day!!! I've never found a token, thats sweet...d2

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Digger, Well Done on the CW token and all the Minnie' balls. Both great finds and saves on some CW History.

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds i have yet to find one

Yak1366

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2017
Ringgold, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett ATPro, ProPointer AT, Retriever II
Primary Interest:
Other
Super Nice Finds!! Congrats on the token & lead!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man yr a lead finding Machine , & the token is the Bomb.

I have been blessed to find a CW Token 'OH' , I have bought a few , would rather dig them of-course.

FWIW
My Coin Store has a medium coin 2 X 2 box of CW tokens , I picked out a couple last Friday but "they needed to be priced".

A year or more ago I bought their only Token/ Patriotic, Store card , Sutlers Token book & promptly lost it.
Came across it a couple months ago then lost it again .

They offered me a Small job just I'ding the tokens they have in order to get a price.

I may just do that & get paid in Tokens or Coins.

A big CONGRATZ on your first , & you know I love the Gardner's , .69 's ...I like them all .

Other than the Cleaners & Gardner's can you tell witch 3 ringers are Northern Mfg, & the ones that are Southern Mfg?

Better start re-enforcing your Floor. LOL
GD
Buddy Davey

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man yr a lead finding Machine , & the token is the Bomb.

I have been blessed to find a CW Token 'OH' , I have bought a few , would rather dig them of-course.

FWIW
My Coin Store has a medium coin 2 X 2 box of CW tokens , I picked out a couple last Friday but "they needed to be priced".

A year or more ago I bought their only Token/ Patriotic, Store card , Sutlers Token book & promptly lost it.
Came across it a couple months ago then lost it again .

They offered me a Small job just I'ding the tokens they have in order to get a price.

I may just do that & get paid in Tokens or Coins.

A big CONGRATZ on your first , & you know I love the Gardner's , .69 's ...I like them all .

Other than the Cleaners & Gardner's can you tell witch 3 ringers are Northern Mfg, & the ones that are Southern Mfg?

Better start re-enforcing your Floor. LOL
GD
Buddy Davey
Buddy it's a full blown union spot. I can't tell the three ringers apart. I've been finding quite a few star base bullets. All the other three ringers are alike. I can tell the variations & group them together. I've been finding Williams regulation bullets also. It's easy to tell them apart. On the last hunt I found a couple Gardner's. Two different calibers. It's loaded with lead. The whole army of the potamac was ordered to dump there cartridge boxes & prepare for a bayonet charge.

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the token! That's one that's high up on my "To Dig" list. Maybe one day.....

D.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking token and nice lead finds! :occasion14:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the last picture posted the top two in the right hand column are CS two ring Gardner patent bullets. Can you give us precise measurements? They look like .54 cal going by the William's cleaners. Oh yeah, I wish I could get in on a hunt like that. I have a few tokens but need to get pictures of them. One came from my brother and it is a good one but in rough shape. I'll try to get some pictures Sunday. I am heading to a Knife show in Atlanta with a friend tomorrow.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the last picture posted the top two in the right hand column are CS two ring Gardner patent bullets. Can you give us precise measurements? They look like .54 cal going by the William's cleaners. Oh yeah, I wish I could get in on a hunt like that. I have a few tokens but need to get pictures of them. One came from my brother and it is a good one but in rough shape. I'll try to get some pictures Sunday. I am heading to a Knife show in Atlanta with a friend tomorrow.

Yes I found two Gardner's last weekend in amoungst all of those Union bullets. One is a .54" the other is a .58". It's not the first time I've ever found Confederate bullets in a federal spot. I'm going out tomorrow weather permitting. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread