Joe, Check out this thread about my latest adventure...

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Click here arrow down.png
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...erty-where-british-camped-here-louisiana.html

Didn't find what we were looking for but got a swift wake up call... "D"

P.S. The adventure I'm talking about is towards the bottom of the thread. I darn near met my maker, but it's a life lesson learned... One of which I've been trained to avoid, but messed up. I hope my story will help someone not make the mistake I made... "D"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what the heck are you talking about?

OP
OP
Possum

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So what the heck are you talking about?

Went to a permission spot where a British encampment was located, only problem it was within a 300 + acre Mississippi River bottom. To make a long story short I got to jumping from high ground to high ground and ended up way, way from where I started and had to fight my way out that swamp, running out of water and darn near to the point of heat exhaustion. I posted it in detail at the above linked thread. Just passing on my mistake showing how easy it is to mess up... "D"

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you made it out ok. One has to really be careful and take precautions in this heat. I about ran into close to this same case scenerio years ago. Never made this same mistake again.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto.
Devldog's statement.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad to hear you made it OK.