fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original name of Atlanta was Marthasville. I was telling my brother (JoeG.) about an old house in Lumpkin, Ga. and he said there was a soldier named Lumpkin buried in a cematary in our hometown of Hagerstown, Md. His one one of only two graves with markers on them. So, I did a little research and found the following site that turned out to be very interesting. And, that is how I found out about Marthasville.
JOHN BANKS' CIVIL WAR BLOG: One man's quest to discover story of Confederate Colonel Samuel Lumpkin, who was mortally wounded at Gettysburg

Upvote 0

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.

The original name of Atlanta was Marthasville. I was telling my brother (JoeG.) about an old house in Lumpkin, Ga. and he said there was a soldier named Lumpkin buried in a cematary in our hometown of Hagerstown, Md. His one one of only two graves with markers on them. So, I did a little research and found the following site that turned out to be very interesting. And, that is how I found out about Marthasville.
JOHN BANKS' CIVIL WAR BLOG: One man's quest to discover story of Confederate Colonel Samuel Lumpkin, who was mortally wounded at Gettysburg

This was a great & informative read.

Col, S. Lumpkin & the 44th GA Were among many true American heroes.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm a Marthasville Braves fan.:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions