I have a Question

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been working on my mind. In the late 60's early 70's my cousin and I used to travel to Gettysburg almost every weekend being Marylanders we mainly went to Culp's Hill, well at the bottom of hill a stream eroded some ground and when we went there we found bullets, my question is was I unknowingly breaking the law? I still have the bullets, what would you do?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Joe G from Md

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention these were all eyeballed.

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was pre ARPA 1979, so I wouldn't sweat it.

D.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get rid of them as soon as possible. Being the caring loving brother that I am, I would be willing to take the risk of being caught with them.:laughing7:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Joe, keep them. You were not digging with shovels and it was a long time ago. If it were me, I'd be careful posting where these were from though. Some wandering eyes may decide they want these back along with your hard earned collection. Just saying.....one can't be too careful these days. Us Relic Hunters have to stick together.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
They are yours...found them on "your" land...'nuff said...pics please?...lol

OP
OP
Joe G from Md

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they bugged me so much, I put them somewhere that they would be off my mind. It worked, can't find them. I'll find them soon! Should I say I'll find them again, soon.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been working on my mind. In the late 60's early 70's my cousin and I used to travel to Gettysburg almost every weekend being Marylanders we mainly went to Culp's Hill, well at the bottom of hill a stream eroded some ground and when we went there we found bullets, my question is was I unknowingly breaking the law? I still have the bullets, what would you do?

I did not read that , of course yr kidding.

SOL ???

Then again I wonder just how the NPS Laws read back then ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, they bugged me so much, I put them somewhere that they would be off my mind. It worked, can't find them. I'll find them soon! Should I say I'll find them again, soon.

No matter what .
Those are some Special Bullets IMO , I assume they are fired.

OP
OP
Joe G from Md

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what .

Yea fired and dropped, a few Gardners, could have been from my Maryland Boys. Still looking, will post when I recover them, it's almost like relic hunting!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s not like you took food from nuns and orphans, you took them from the US govt who steals from you all time, plus the statute of limitation has long since past.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what .

looking back at this thread . I don't know what I meant by "SOL" but I agree they are VERY SPECIAL BULLETS !
So find & display .lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread