God Bless our Black Confederates

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blacks have always distinguished themselves no matter where they fought, be it south or north in the war between the States. The Buffalo Soldiers of the Indian wars, or the highly distinguished Tuskegee airmen of the 322nd fighter squadron of WWll that won over three dozen Distinguished Flying Crosses. Btw, enjoyed the video Truth.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is true, but Never taught or discussed. By teaching that there were Black Confederate soldiers who fought for the South and the True cause of the war which was Secession and States rights, this would undermine the agenda being taught that the war was fought solely on the issue of slavery. For what black soldiers would fight for the institution of slavery? The Truth is the one thing that our lawmakers and educators run from the longest and the hardest. The Truth just does not fit into their agendas and what they have planned. The Black Confederate Soldiers indeed need to be immortalized for the role they played in the Southern Cause during the American CW. You want to really hear some Wailing and Yelling? Bring the issue of having monuments erected to the Black Confederate Soldiers and the sacrifices they made to the Southern Cause to the NAACP and see what type of reaction you'd get.

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they already knock down/ destroyed his statue of honor monument. This one didn't get put in some random storage unit. If remembering correctly, young misinformed busy bodies destroyed the landmark while we sat home shaking heads at the tv. Were built on LIES

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If the Truth be known I show them the greatest deal of respect and honor.

Absolutely. They were Confederates fighting for the same cause as their white counter parts. One was neither more or less Confederate than the other because of their race. I have a first hand story in relation to this subject that happened to me while hunting in west Atlanta back in the 80's. It was a real honor and privilege to talk with this elder gentleman and shake his hand.

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
angry fist.gif

Our history that's being taught today in our school systems are so distorted and full of so many lies that it'll literally make you sick to your stomach. If you publicly stated that there were true and loyal confederate black soldier's who fought in the civil war of their own free will, this bunch down here would want to hang you up and stone you to death.

Just look at what they've already done to all our civil war statues and monuments!!! It's literally a darn shame as to what's going on down here with a war that was fought over 150 years ago, some people just cant let it go, what was done was done, now get over it and move on with your pathetic lives and find something more productive to do with your spare time...

Okay, I'm stepping down off my soap box, I feel better... "D"

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
D, you are correct in saying this. All these Hate groups (and yes it goes Both Ways) has and has had an agenda for some time now concerning the overall South and the Southern States. Propelling and motivating this agenda was the Hateful rhetoric that all southerners owned slaves and that was the only reason the war was fought, was to keep their slaves. What A Horrible, Horrible Lie. We all know that while slavery did exist in the south, most Confederate soldiers front and center did not in fact own slaves. We know too that the institution of slavery was wrong, but not all southerners owned slaves as what the Hateful Rhetoric implies. In the old South agriculture was the mainstay as Industry was to the north. In the south there were primarily two types of families: 1) The planting families which were the wealthy plantation owners and planters. These families had the wealth and the slaves. During the war years the war period didn't personally effect these families that much. They had the money and if push came to shove they could pay another to go to war in their place. Then came no. 2) the Farming families which were mostly poor dirt farmers with large families to feed. Most times these front and center Johnnie's' weren't educated, as an education in the 19th century was a luxury afforded by the wealthy and not by the lower class farming families. My Great-Great Grandfather was illiterate at age 19 as many soldiers were in both armies. We know this by his records when he was captured late in the war in Virginia when he left his mark on the form. I know I'm preaching to the choir here. We all know this, I just get tired of all the LIES being told on our ancestors and the continuing effort to rewrite History to fit their Hateful Agenda. This is nothing new, but unfortunately it continues to Worsen. This is Shameful and Racial Profiling at it's best...........or WORST.

Our history that's being taught today in our school systems are so distorted and full of so many lies that it'll literally make you sick to your stomach. If you publicly stated that there were true and loyal confederate black soldier's who fought in the civil war of their own free will, this bunch down here would want to hang you up and stone you to death.

Just look at what they've already done to all our civil war statues and monuments!!! It's literally a darn shame as to what's going on down here with a war that was fought over 150 years ago, some people just cant let it go, what was done was done, now get over it and move on with your pathetic lives and find something more productive to do with your spare time...

Okay, I'm stepping down off my soap box, I feel better... "D"

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
They're not busy bodies,repeat after me now.antifa = communists,progressives = communists.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you posted this T...Unbelievable how many do not realize that blacks made huge contributions to every conflict.

In some cases blacks were fighting their own side at times but I've never heard or read about a white vet yet who didn't end up having the utmost respect for them and glad they were on the same side.

I know some here don't like clicking links, so I'll just say...Go To YouTube and enter Black Confederate Guarding Monument. It should take you to an interview of an older black man in the south telling about blacks and the confederacy. He's in a Confederate Uniform Carrying The Rebel Flag.

Post if you can't find it and I'll link it or get the exact title. It's worth watching.

Kace

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you posted this T...Unbelievable how many do not realize that blacks made huge contributions to every conflict.

In some cases blacks were fighting their own side at times but I've never heard or read about a white vet yet who didn't end up having the utmost respect for them and glad they were on the same side.

I know some here don't like clicking links, so I'll just say...Go To YouTube and enter Black Confederate Guarding Monument. It should take you to an interview of an older black man in the south telling about blacks and the confederacy. He's in a Confederate Uniform Carrying The Rebel Flag.

Post if you can't find it and I'll link it or get the exact title. It's worth watching.

Kace

I’ve posted that before I love that guy.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’ve posted that before I love that guy.

I've seen this video. So Many could get a True History Lesson from this Gentleman. As they say, "The TRUTH shall set you FREE. (For those that want to know the TRUTH).

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just don't get it. You wouldn't believe some folks, the way they say that the confederates were racist slave whippers with buckteeth. Granted, a good lot of them were racist, a few were slave owners, and yes, I am sure a few had buck teeth. But the Northern soldiers were just as racist. Do you remember the 54th Massachusetts? They weren't allowed to fight for a long time because they were black, and they weren't even given a blue uniform at first either.

They way I see it, The overwhelming majority of Southerners fought to keep the bluebellies from waging war on their lands, destroying their homes and hurting their family's. The majority of Northerners fought to preserve the union. The war was not 100% about slavery, and it is not taught as such. I wish these school kids today learned the real story.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And you said it so well Possum.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anyone tell me the regiment number and state that had black soldiers that fought...as in infantryman? I've never heard of any. If they existed, it should be easy to list one or two if they fought as all black regiments. Or, were they just mixed in with white units? I know some (many?) southern regiments employed blacks as cooks, teamsters, and construction workers but wasn't sure about infantryman. Gary

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary,

you can google all the black regiments that fought for the north and the south, but here's two (2) right off the top og my head, the "54th Massachusetts and the 1st Louisiana Native Gaurds" Hope this helps...

Possum

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary,

you can google all the black regiments that fought for the north and the south, but here's two (2) right off the top og my head, the "54th Massachusetts and the 1st Louisiana Native Gaurds" Hope this helps...

Possum

Possum is the best!!!

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of black men served in the Confederate Army and your regular Confederate infantryman was the equal of today's Special Forces soldier. It has been shown that Confederate troops were 20% more effective in combat than their Yankee counterpart. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, then please pass the grits, thank you.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching one of those "man on the street" type of interviews regarding history. The young people who were asked couldn't place the decade Abraham Lincoln was president, they couldn't name who we fought in the Revolutionary War and didn't know who we fought in WWII.

Were they freshmen congressmen and women?:notworthy:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor in 1944 we invaded Guatamala and of course the rest is history...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread