Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I learned a lot from bladerunner’s post. Same button except my is squished to where at first I thought it was a one piece. But I love it. Same place I found my Louisiana Pelican Coat Button and my Confederate gold guilt floral button last month. IMG_1876.jpg IMG_1877.jpg

Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Those flattened ones are neat because they have a more personal tale to tell .. they were flattened to use as poker chips and/or game pieces, which makes them more special in my eyes!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those flattened ones are neat because they have a more personal tale to tell .. they were flattened to use as poker chips and/or game pieces, which makes them more special in my eyes!

I appreciate that insight and i truly love this thing. Thanks creskol it is special.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truth, Congrat's to you on the find of the Eagle Button. I found one smashed years ago almost identical to the one you found. It was found in the end of a Confetrit trench which I thought was interesting. These are cool to find, and like all relics, they have a tale to tell. Well done. Again. devldog

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Creskol. My last Confederate "I" button was done the same way. They way you can tell is...wait for it...if you'd try smashing a button that old and out of the ground today, it would explode is a wispy dust! It was flattened a long, long time ago.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find Truth! I had never considered the fact that buttons may have been intentionally flattened for different reasons. I just assumed they had been stepped on by a person or horse. Now I appreciate my flattened Pelican even more. :laughing7:

GL and HH!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice display item good job my friend

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice Truth!!! I've found a few flattened buttons but I'm pretty sure mine are naturally flattened due to the rocks(boulders) I found them around.

attachment.php

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find Truth! I had never considered the fact that buttons may have been intentionally flattened for different reasons. I just assumed they had been stepped on by a person or horse. Now I appreciate my flattened Pelican even more. :laughing7:

GL and HH!

I agree I assumed it was stepped on and that’s why I appreciate the wise and knowledgeable people on TNET to open my eyes to make something so much better.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I got something else to show you from this camp if you empty some PMs....lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions