Witness Trees

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Terry! I enjoyed that!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing that Terry. Gettysburg is a humbling place to visit.

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading an article yesterday about historic trees. This place let's you buy descendants of some. An interesting idea. https://americanheritagetrees.org/

As a pen maker I've found out that there is wood available from several witness/historic trees, but it ain't cheap.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry, Thanks for sharing the Witness Tree video with us. Very interesting indeed. That is something to stand in front of these trees and know that they were standing and bore witness to some of our Country's most important History. If they could speak, the stories that they could tell. One of my favorite CW bullet finds was a Minnie ball lodged in a small piece of wood I dug about 10 inches down in middle Georgia some years back. It is amazing that these witness Trees have not only survived the number of years that they have, but that they survived the battles back then with all the lead and iron flying about. Amazing.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Cool!

Kace

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry, thank you. This is probably my favorite of all the posts you've made here. I am by birth a tree guy.

Here's my tree:

Mar24_01.jpg

It is estimated, this Beech tree, to be over 500 years old. The oldest in the nation is dated at least 560 years old.

May it make it to 1,000 years old. Far beyond my time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread