Firing Civil War Artillery

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, deadly weapons, thanks for the videos Terry!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are some cool videos on CW Artillery Terry. Thanks for sharing them with us. Amazing that these artillery pieces can still be fired after all that time.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a 1st cousin who lived in Alexandria Virginia for a number of years. Steve was a little older than I and after serving in "The Old Guard" in Washington, D.C. and his stint in the Army, he made his home in Alexandria. He was a true Historian and was a relic hunter during the Centennial Years up until the mid to late 70's. Steve was also a re enactor, or Living Historian, portraying both Confederate and Union soldiers in the battle re enactments or encampments. Steve said that one of his greatest thrills was being able to serve on one of "Stone Wall's" guns. General Jackson had four of his artillery pieces ordained and named Matthew, Mark, Luke. and John. One of these guns, I can't remember which was fired only during special occasions. Steve said that it was a real honor to be chosen to serve on this gun. They would rotate members around to give different ones a chance to serve on the artillery piece. My cousin passed away about 8 years ago. He was a great guy.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry, that was a great video on the artillery live firing. Good gun crews really add a lot to the CW battle re enactments. Thanks for sharing. I have some of those larger cannister balls in my collection. These would be devastating to lines of Infantry.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More great videos 'including the Columbus Ga , demonstration.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live fairly close to Columbus Georgia and have visited the Naval museum there on several occasions. Itโ€™s well worth taking a tour of. Also, if your in the area, the US Army Infantry muesuem located just outside Fort Benning is one of the best military museums that I have ever visited. It will probably take you a full day to walk though both.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Listening to the shrap whiz off some of these shots brought back some very bad memories. If you are a combat vet and suffer from PTSD - Be Warned!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread