weekend finds

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went to a small field the other day. The owner said ot was hunted out there is nothing there and it has been hammered over the years. Kinda discouraged but my and a friend went and wow the most civil war bullets i found in 1 day. A good white patina all these were dropped but i did damage one of them with shovel. Just to be able to pick and object up from that time is awesome and kinda personal. I know some ppl could care less about the history of this great country but knowing you have a piece of history during the time made this country is awesome.Metal detectong is a wonderful hobby please respect the history that it uncovers

Attachments

• 20190314_195118.jpg
    20190314_195118.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt! I would love to have a day like that. I think the most I have found in one day is 4. And I only have about 20 total.

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks i love to find bullets

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, thanks to smokeycat I have cw artifacts I will always treasure

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Dang good day , beautiful , white powdery looking patina , I love the Enfield . What type of Base does it have ?
&
The other 3 ringers what base types are on them if you don't mind.?

It can be tough getting that many 'Drop's or fired CW bullets ' in the Western Theater ..Heck in Va / E Theater as well so I hear.

If weather is decent , ill hunt & walk for 6 + hours tomorrow & just 1 CW Bullet will make my day.
Good luck in the future.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice burnside and Enfield slugs!!!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
That Yankee lead is nice too, I guess

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the finds.

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks to all. i show this not to boast. i know there are fellow detectorist that would love to find a bullet or bullets. i have yet to find a general service button. Good luck and happy hunting to you all

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Dang good day , beautiful , white powdery looking patina , I love the Enfield . What type of Base does it have ?
&
The other 3 ringers what base types are on them if you don't mind.?

It can be tough getting that many 'Drop's or fired CW bullets ' in the Western Theater ..Heck in Va / E Theater as well so I hear.

If weather is decent , ill hunt & walk for 6 + hours tomorrow & just 1 CW Bullet will make my day.
Good luck in the future.

Tough finding Southern bullets because most of them found their targets and are in graves!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks to all. i show this not to boast. i know there are fellow detectorist that would love to find a bullet or bullets. i have yet to find a general service button. Good luck and happy hunting to you all

I don't take it as boasting , a Man likes to show off the rewards of his hard work .

Those GS buttons are out there , they are just hiding really good.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to a small field the other day. The owner said ot was hunted out there is nothing there and it has been hammered over the years. Kinda discouraged but my and a friend went and wow the most civil war bullets i found in 1 day. A good white patina all these were dropped but i did damage one of them with shovel. Just to be able to pick and object up from that time is awesome and kinda personal. I know some ppl could care less about the history of this great country but knowing you have a piece of history during the time made this country is awesome.Metal detectong is a wonderful hobby please respect the history that it uncovers

That's a nice pistol bullet as well , "think" I only have dug 1 of that type & that was 20 years ago. 'Hence "I Think". Or ? could it be carved on ?

As for the 'Digger Ding ' OH THE HORROR !!!!!! 'For Real' I been known to re-bury them Deep'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pistol bullet. .36 St. Louis

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the CW bullets! :occasion14:

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thank ya. found my first ringtail sharps also

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like this post and like you said, there is something special about holding that history in your hand and reflecting on what it means.
As CW relic hunters, we are very fortunate to get to experience that.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dfxcobb, Congratulations on some nice relics. That is some nice saved CW History there. That was indeed a good hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread