Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: weekend finds

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2016
    NW Alabama
    whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
    337 times
    Relic Hunting

weekend finds

went to a small field the other day. The owner said ot was hunted out there is nothing there and it has been hammered over the years. Kinda discouraged but my and a friend went and wow the most civil war bullets i found in 1 day. A good white patina all these were dropped but i did damage one of them with shovel. Just to be able to pick and object up from that time is awesome and kinda personal. I know some ppl could care less about the history of this great country but knowing you have a piece of history during the time made this country is awesome.Metal detectong is a wonderful hobby please respect the history that it uncovers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190314_195118.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	4.08 MB 
ID:	1690939  

Dec 2013
    North Carolina
    XP Deus, Equinox 800
    1362 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice hunt! I would love to have a day like that. I think the most I have found in one day is 4. And I only have about 20 total.
    2017 Totals

(4) Silver Washington Quarter
    (1) Silver 1949 Tiawan something
    (6) Silver Rosies
    (4) Mercury Dimes
    (1) Barber Dime
    (1) Silver War Nickel

Dec 2016
    NW Alabama
    337 times
    Relic Hunting
    thanks i love to find bullets
    devldog likes this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12723 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yep, thanks to smokeycat I have cw artifacts I will always treasure
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5904 times
    A Dang good day , beautiful , white powdery looking patina , I love the Enfield . What type of Base does it have ?
    &
    The other 3 ringers what base types are on them if you don't mind.?

It can be tough getting that many 'Drop's or fired CW bullets ' in the Western Theater ..Heck in Va / E Theater as well so I hear.

If weather is decent , ill hunt & walk for 6 + hours tomorrow & just 1 CW Bullet will make my day.
    Good luck in the future.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5Ē SS and a couple of shovels
    1866 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Nice burnside and Enfield slugs!!!
    HIGHSTRUNG, devldog and RustyGold like this.
    ďI was a kid once, but I wasnít very good at itĒ

Charter Member
    us
    Bob

Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5Ē SS and a couple of shovels
    1866 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    That Yankee lead is nice too, I guess
    HIGHSTRUNG and devldog like this.
    ďI was a kid once, but I wasnít very good at itĒ

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2019
    Camden SC
    Minelab Equinox 800 11" & 6" Coil, XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, Minelab Pro-Find 35.
    1089 times
    Relic Hunting
    Congrats on the finds.
    Davers, devldog and RustyGold like this.

Dec 2016
    NW Alabama
    337 times
    Relic Hunting
    thanks to all. i show this not to boast. i know there are fellow detectorist that would love to find a bullet or bullets. i have yet to find a general service button. Good luck and happy hunting to you all
    Davers, devldog and RustyGold like this.

us
    Mar 2018
    Delaware, The First State
    White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
    354 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    A Dang good day , beautiful , white powdery looking patina , I love the Enfield . What type of Base does it have ?
    &
    The other 3 ringers what base types are on them if you don't mind.?

It can be tough getting that many 'Drop's or fired CW bullets ' in the Western Theater ..Heck in Va / E Theater as well so I hear.

If weather is decent , ill hunt & walk for 6 + hours tomorrow & just 1 CW Bullet will make my day.
    Good luck in the future.
    Tough finding Southern bullets because most of them found their targets and are in graves!
    Davers, Dfxcobb and devldog like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider19962 View Post
    Tough finding Southern bullets because most of them found their targets and are in graves!
    True statement , tho an Erie one.
    devldog and Yak1366 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfxcobb View Post
    thanks to all. i show this not to boast. i know there are fellow detectorist that would love to find a bullet or bullets. i have yet to find a general service button. Good luck and happy hunting to you all
    I don't take it as boasting , a Man likes to show off the rewards of his hard work .

Those GS buttons are out there , they are just hiding really good.
    relic nut, devldog and Yak1366 like this.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5904 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfxcobb View Post
    went to a small field the other day. The owner said ot was hunted out there is nothing there and it has been hammered over the years. Kinda discouraged but my and a friend went and wow the most civil war bullets i found in 1 day. A good white patina all these were dropped but i did damage one of them with shovel. Just to be able to pick and object up from that time is awesome and kinda personal. I know some ppl could care less about the history of this great country but knowing you have a piece of history during the time made this country is awesome.Metal detectong is a wonderful hobby please respect the history that it uncovers
    That's a nice pistol bullet as well , "think" I only have dug 1 of that type & that was 20 years ago. 'Hence "I Think". Or ? could it be carved on ?

As for the 'Digger Ding ' OH THE HORROR !!!!!! 'For Real' I been known to re-bury them Deep'.
    Last edited by Davers; Mar 17, 2019 at 02:44 AM.
    devldog and Yak1366 like this.

Davers

Dec 2016
    NW Alabama
    337 times
    Relic Hunting
    pistol bullet. .36 St. Louis
    devldog and Davers like this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12723 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider19962 View Post

Yada yada yada
    devldog likes this.
    Iím the only one of me, baby thatís the fun of me.. / brendon urie

DONíT TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THATíS WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOUíRE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOUíRE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links