devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just added 4 pocket lights to my display case to give my lower cases more light and visibility. I had been meaning to do this for some time. I think it turned out ok and accomplished what I was trying to do. This was very inexpensive too. I went to Home Depot and purchased 2 - 2 packs of lights for $ 7.00 per pack. Now that I know how they look I will pick up 4 more in the near future. If you have been pondering on something like this, they work. They are powered by 3 AAA batteries so there are no cords to deal with. 20190317_152732.jpg 20190317_152732.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that is an impressive group of finds!
Thanks BladeRunner. I have thoroughly enjoyed relic hunting through the years and hope I still have a few years left.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gorgeous display buddy. Very impressive.
Thanks Truth, after seeing pic's of your finds I know you have quite a collection......and it's still growing. Continued Success to you.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
??????
Gorgeous display buddy. Very impressive.
Thanks Truth, after seeing pic's of your finds I know you have quite a collection......and it's still growing. Continued Success to you.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
display looks great . I have been thinking about lighting but didn't know where to look , now i know..

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, 3cylbill. Home Depot sells both the battery operated or the electric pocket lights. Best of luck to you. With low cost and easy installation you can't go wrong.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just added 4 pocket lights to my display case to give my lower cases more light and visibility. I had been meaning to do this for some time. I think it turned out ok and accomplished what I was trying to do. This was very inexpensive too. I went to Home Depot and purchased 2 - 2 packs of lights for $ 7.00 per pack. Now that I know how they look I will pick up 4 more in the near future. If you have been pondering on something like this, they work. They are powered by 3 AAA batteries so there are no cords to deal with. View attachment 1691977 View attachment 1691977

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Did you dig it all ? (even the Confederate note) lol?

I'm 'One' to ask for pictures :laughing7: but some close ups would be great. Please :toothy2:

Actually I have many questions about your relics , local curiosity ..

Great Job.:thumbsup:

Plus I can not zoom the pictures in any closer . :glasses11:

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
great set of finds there

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice and thanks for sharing.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got through looking at the great close-ups , ie, Those are great pictures indeed.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have dug most of my relics, but some have been graciously given to me over the years. One of my cousins gave me the two US boxplates years ago from his collection. He was an older relic hunter from Virginia and he was hunting during the centennial years of the CW. The bayonet was donated from a family friend, and my old hunting buddy Ranger Randall have me the U.S. eagle breast plate as a gift this past Christmas.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got through looking at the great close-ups , ie, Those are great pictures indeed.
Thanks Davers. I'm sure you have quite a collection yourself.

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and display case! I have thought about lighting mine, but never thought of battery powered lights. Are the lights affixed to the bottom of the glass shelves? This looks to be a great way to do it without having to run wires and the price sounds good too!

D.

yearsago

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2017
VA.
Detector(s) used
XP, DMC2B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice display. Its nice to be able to display history that you recovered..

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and display case! I have thought about lighting mine, but never thought of battery powered lights. Are the lights affixed to the bottom of the glass shelves? This looks to be a great way to do it without having to run wires and the price sounds good too!

D.
D, the small lights come with two sided tape and you just apply it to the bottom side of the lights. The backside twists off to access the batteries. The lights are installed on the bottom side of the glass shelves. This is really a simple and inexpensive fix. I wished I had gotten around to doing this sooner. Have you been out hunting lately?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread