Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: IMPACT!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    316 times
    Metal Detecting

IMPACT!

Here are bullets my dad has found over the early years of his detecting career. These were recovered on the outskirts of Kearnstown, the Wilderness, and Chancellorsville.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0246.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	1702736
    Davers, BLK HOLE, A2coins and 5 others like this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

May 2018
    73 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRelics View Post
    Here are bullets my dad has found over the early years of his detecting career. These were recovered on the outskirts of Kearnstown, the Wilderness, and Chancellorsville.

Name:	DSC_0246.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	1702736
    I love finding impact rounds from the Civil War. What a story they could tell.
    Dfxcobb, Davers, devldog and 2 others like this.

us
    Darrin

May 2013
    Minnesota
    Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
    1942 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I found a bunch like that in Minnesota - It was the camp site of the Union Army while putting down the Sioux uprising of 1862. I just imagine the soldiers and what they went through..........
    Trying to find the lost ~

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    2542 times
    Relic Hunting
    When you dig some of these impacted bullets you wonder if they ended some young promising life of it they caused a young soldier to return home minus a limb or two. These were certainly deadly lead missles.
    RustyRelics, Davers and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    22231 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Great relics would look nice in a display case
    Davers, RustyRelics and devldog like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    22231 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome from Mi
    devldog and RustyRelics like this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    3728 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Every time I find a dropped or fired CW bullet I take a moment to reflect on how it got there and what impact that moment in time had on some young man. I find it very humbling.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRingFinder View Post
    I found a bunch like that in Minnesota - It was the camp site of the Union Army while putting down the Sioux uprising of 1862. I just imagine the soldiers and what they went through..........
    1862. huh
    Talk about the Union battling on 2 fronts at the same time , i'm not educated on the Sioux uprising but sounds like a bad situation all the way around.
    Glad you saved some relics from that event.
    RustyRelics and devldog like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    When you dig some of these impacted bullets you wonder if they ended some young promising life of it they caused a young soldier to return home minus a limb or two. These were certainly deadly lead missles.
    I often wonder as well , I do wonder if there is any "proven" way to tell if a bullet hit flesh , then I'd wonder if it hit a Horse or Mule
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5719 times
    1st off that's a great clear picture, I stared at it for 10-15 min.

Drops get the glory , but as it was stated by another T-net member ( these bullets went through a Soldier loading & firing with (most the time ) the intent of killing another Human.

Also I love to see so may types of Bullet's in that pile , I see a few Gardner's (those a uncommon in my area , esp these days , I see several 3 ringer types , 1 cleaner at least , a round ball or 2 , & many of those were HARD strikes.
    I enjoyed the picture thanks.
    Davers / Davey
    RustyRelics likes this.

Davers

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    2542 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    I often wonder as well , I do wonder if there is any "proven" way to tell if a bullet hit flesh , then I'd wonder if it hit a Horse or Mule
    I have wondered the same thing. With all the modern technology they have today, wouldn't it be something if they were capable of locating traces of DNA on some of these bullets located beneath the patina that has formed from being in the ground for over 150 years. That would be something.
    RustyRelics and Davers like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by devldog View Post
    I have wondered the same thing. With all the modern technology they have today, wouldn't it be something if they were capable of locating traces of DNA on some of these bullets located beneath the patina that has formed from being in the ground for over 150 years. That would be something.
    Great minds think alike .

Hey Rusty
    I'm wondering ..when were these dug? by yr Dad.

Davers

us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    316 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Great minds think alike .

Hey Rusty
    I'm wondering ..when were these dug? by yr Dad.

He started detecing in the late '90s, and found most of these in the early 2000s. A few are later finds.
    Davers and devldog like this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    316 times
    Metal Detecting

Name:	DSC_0333.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	488.1 KB 
ID:	1705164
    Davers and devldog like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyRelics View Post
    He started detecing in the late '90s, and found most of these in the early 2000s. A few are later finds.
    Thanks for the fast reply , I asked because of their light patina , I was thinking 1950's or 60's.

I started in 1998 (before a long lull in the early to late 2000's ) let me say finding stuff in 98/99 was much easier than it is today even in 2012 it was much tougher. 'In my area at-least'.

I love the picture with the Medicine bottle as well .
    GL & Happy Huntin.

Davers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links