• 20190416_224653.jpg
    20190416_224653.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

catyron

Apr 15, 2019
Forestville, California
Detector(s) used
Old Maps, Dowsing, Borrowed detecting equipment from friends.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done! And what a cool collection!

I love pallet re-use because i get many dozens of pallets in per year in my shop and i want to encourage folks to come get 'em for free.

In Forestville, California, i am The Pallet Queen.

Come and getcher pallets!

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a very nice display! Thanks for sharing!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks awesome good idea

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
thanks..i have this in my garage and i prob need to move inside..but doesnt match my wife's decor lol..

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That look's great .
If that don't make my "procrastinating" butt to clean my interesting Iron ,I don't know what will.

BTY IMO If your garage gets humid in the Summer like mine , i'd def move it all inside.

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
not to humid ( i hope) i do have several large items inside. Really havent gave to much thought about the humidity.but you are right! I know the iron takes time to clean and preserve and i still have a old large cooler filled with water with stuff i have not got to..we spend alot of time on garage with friends and i like them as a conversation starter. I know my wife and several friends gets tired of my talking about the relics..but each does have a interesting story to tell and it never gets old to me..happy hunting and continue to save history

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dfxcobb, that is a great looking display you built from pallets. Very nice relics also. Do you by any chance use the product Gemplers on your CW iron and shells? They look great. I used this on mine and I was happy with the results. I went dumpster diving some years ago at a new development. I pulled 3 oak pallets from the dumpster that were used for sod. I disassembled them, did a lot of sanding, and built a three shelf stand that accommodates our 3 detectors in their bags. The stand is not as heavy duty as yours but holds our detectors and keeps them off of the floor.

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes i do use gemplers. i have also used the boiling wax treatment several times. I personal do like using the wax because its alot more work involved and kinda dangerous. If you have any matrix left in a shell it will boil it out and to me that alters the originality of the shell some. IMO. i usually run my iron through electrolysis unless it is damaged or rusted to a point it would be distroyed. Yes thats a confederste Mulane shell i kept most of wooden fuse and powder in the small glass viles below it. I have been using gemplers for about 2 yrs and so far i am pleased with the results. There are times i will put 2 or 3 coats on things just to be sure. i always try to make sure the iron is completely dry before applying

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your shells and CW iron look great. I like using the Gemplers because it treats the iron from rusting any further. I think it leaves a nice sheen on the iron once it is dried. A lot of folks don't like the fact that it turns the iron black, but I don't mind this at all, in fact I personally believe it returns the iron to the way in which it looked during the war and I believe the finish allows the detail and the characteristics of each piece to be studied or viewed better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions