Bored!!

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hadnt really been able to go much lately because of the rain and last 4 times I've been off work it has been to wet and it's not fun trying to dig with 6lbs of mud on your shovel. So I decided to go to a local park and mess around more less just get out..I was coin shooting and having fun digging up pennies..then thought I was digging up a penny and boom a 3-ringer swung the coil around and found 2 more..so I found the 3 ringers in a place NOBODY would have expected...I think it's just funny due to the fact in 15 min found 3 bullets not even trying and go all day looking for CW artifacts and spend all day..you never know..and i had fun digging pennies but awesome to stumble across some CW history

Attachments

• 20200113_155829.jpg
    20200113_155829.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200113_143524.jpg
    20200113_143524.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! Some of my best items were found where no one in their right mind would think of looking for them!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang with all that lead laying around down south must be just like sand out there.....

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ... I thought this was an Oak Island Show thread.

IT was the "bored" part.

:P

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice relics I hear ya I remember when I got my Nox and here in MI the snow would not go away. I was bored out of my gourd but theres always the woods to hit and when I got my waterproof greyghosts rain didnt bother me.. Glad you got out.

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol oak island...they have spent some kinda money..not sure how long they will keep going..

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
you are correct I need the money pit

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one with a flat top from my point of view may be a nose cast Confederate bullet. The others I can't tell their parentage!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dfxcobb, Congrat's to you on the CW lead. This was I'm sure a surprise and an added bonus. "Sometimes detecting is like a box of choc o lates.......You never know what your gonna get." Lol Well Done, and Continued Success to you.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I too have had to sit on the sidelines this year due to the rain. Seems that in the last 3 months we don't go more than one or two days without rain.. Ground here is like quicksand.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds DFX , That in-situ pic is great . + a new spot to hunt around if possible .
Davey

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found a Civil War bullet in my front yard, in the hills of Eastern Kentucky, nowhere near civilization. It's amazing how things pop up in weird places.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Come on Cobb!! Nothing boring about that :occasion14: Reminds me of some of the bullets I've found at the ground hog holes :thumbsup: Nice saves!!

OP
OP
D

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol civilian1 it started out that I was bored but I never would of that a little history would be found. I love it and understand that every relic is personal to the ones that may have lost them..I cant help to think about all the relics I have found that it was a person that was fighting for what they believed in...thanks for all replys

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol civilian1 it started out that I was bored but I never would of that a little history would be found. I love it and understand that every relic is personal to the ones that may have lost them..I cant help to think about all the relics I have found that it was a person that was fighting for what they believed in...thanks for all replys
Well put. I feel the same way. Every relic is a piece of History, and each has a story to tell all its own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread