Attachments

• Photo0229.jpg
    Photo0229.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 891

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it were my find, I 'd soak it in water/ glycerin mix for a week or 2 or until the looser material could be flaked off. Then, after all of the loose stuff was off, I'd spray it down good with water-soluable hair spray and put it on display.

Just my 2-cents.
Good luck.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a Tommy Gun one time. I dropped it in a drum of diesel oil and left it about six months. Every week or so, I would pull it out and try to move the bolt and kinda beat on it with the palm of my hand. Finally got the bolt to work and the 30 rd magazine to drop out. Traded it off to some guy in Houston for a .22 rifle

Briar-patch

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2011
Try soaking it in vinegar. I have found it works as well or better than other rust removers costing ten times the price. Get a plastic container that you can completely submerge the pistol in and fill it up with the cheapest vinegar you can find. Check it over night and leave it in longer if necessary. :icon_thumright:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try soaking it in vinegar. I have found it works as well or better than other rust removers costing ten times the price. Get a plastic container that you can completely submerge the pistol in and fill it up with the cheapest vinegar you can find. Check it over night and leave it in longer if necessary. :icon_thumright:

Well considering that this post is four years old, she probably has taken steps to clean it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread