Coin/Relic care

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Does anyone know what is in these chemical coin cleaner/care?

Blue Ribbon professional coin cleaner/ conditioner and preservative

Coin Care by betterbilt chemicals removes soil and coating from coins leaving a natural finish and color

MS 70 "Industrial Strength" Coin Brightener

KOINSOLV Neutral COIN solvent

Nic-A-Lene cleaner

Nic-A-Tone toner

Nic-A-Date Used to "raise" the date on nickels

Deller's Darkener restores aged look to cleaned copper coins

If anyone knows what is in any of these cleaners that would be a great help, as i bulk quanity of them but have no money for them ::) I was hoping if someone knows what will do the same thing or whats in these i can substitute for them.
AND DONT FLAME ME FOR CLEANING COINS >:( ::) :D These are dug coins and relics that have a green crust on them and if i use coin care it makes em look great :) It allows you to see through the crap and see all the details and date, and markings, etc...

I was hoping conservator might know a thing or two ;)

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
They don't say whats in them i guess its a "secret" ::) But they do not clean coins like electrolysis, they make it so details show up better. If you have a coin thats green then you apply Coin Care it makes the green crap almost transparent and all the details show up nice. As for the nic-a-date, i dont think that has a cleaner in it either, i think its the stuff they use to raise gun serial numbers that have been filed off. If it helps the Coin Care smells like lemons sorta.

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
hmm If noone knows how to make this stuff does someone at least know where to get it real cheap? ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread