Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Tumbled my common date wheaties, worked great! Bought a cheapo kids tumbler and used a half cup of aquarium gravel and a little squirt of detergent.
Ran it for a hour or so, and about 20% came out shiney copper. Didn't notice any damage, and even tumbled a couple nasty indian cents that previously were un-dateable.
Although I used this method for common-daters, I wouldn't recommend it for anything else but those and clad. AMC

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Hmm I had not considered using aquarium gravel I think I will test this out tonight. I had been using BB's and dish soap on my dirty clad's, but the BB's become odd shapes likes squares and stuff after awhile.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I reload pistol ammo and use a viberatoring brass cleaner. The best media i have found is crushed walnut hulls. Second best is crushed corn cob. Hope this helps.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try walnut with just a couple pinches of rouge for really cruddy stuff. If you think about it, you can't really lose the value. Junk coins melted into a blob & thrown in with the scrap for the junk yard will yield more than face. That being said, (disclaimer) I don't in any way condone destroying or defacing any U.S. currency. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread