Fixing Glass

F

Floater

Most of them do a decent Job Jake. I have also used tooth paste to polish up a lens or two. Jsut take a little tooth paste like regular colgate or crest and a small cotton cloth and dampin it . Then just rub it on the glass in a circle motion for a bit. Next just take a dry part of the cloth and polish up the glass and it should be a little better. Some of the newer products have polimers in them that actually fill the scratch too. This gives the illusion of a completely polished piece but it does look good. Dont try this on plexi or it will just cloud up. You need a special compound for plexi and a high speed buff on it. Good luck.

F

Floater

JakePhelps said:
Thanks floater!? Do you know where i can get this stuff really cheap?

LOL :D Jake you slay me sometimes.Do you mean the toothpaste or the Cleaner. :D Just kidding. Try a dollar store? If you dont have any luck let me know and I will see what I can dig up. Later.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had good luck repairing a scrathed watch face with Brasso. Just wipe it on with a paper towel let dry a little and wipe it off. Repeat as needed.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
nope no scratch fixer at the dollar store :-\ Maybe at ocean state job lot or wal mart? ill have to look next time i go :)

F

Floater

Figures. I think the last place I saw some advertised was the Automotive store. Meglo Mart probably has it though. ;D

ecdonovan said:
I have had good luck repairing a scrathed watch face with Brasso. Just wipe it on with a paper towel let dry a little and wipe it off. Repeat as needed.

I think I have heard of that too Ed. Good Thought. HH

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a standard metal cleaner. Most people who have been in the military have used it for their brass, buckles, pins, etc. Comes in a can. Is a milky liquid. Wipe on let dry a little and wipe off. I was skeptical until I tried it on a badly scratched watch face. It worked well.

Ed Donovan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread