found a old civil pistol rusted bad how to try and clean it

Apr 14, 2010
paintsville
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500 gti and garrett gta 350,garrett pinpointer
me and a good friend was hunting a old civil war site and have been digging bulletts all day, he have found a old fire pt and was digging on it and i worked my way down the hill, having found a lot of 3 ringers i took a break and was looking around and saw a old cave i walked down and started decting in front of it when i hit a strong metal sound on my garrett 1500 i dig down about 4 inchs and hit rock i dug around the rock and hit another i dug around it and put my garrett pinponiter in the hole and it went off i dugg down another 3 inches and saw a pices of rustly metal and dug it out and i sat there and looked at it and could not beleive my eyes it was a gun it looks like a old boot pistol but is rusted bad i will try to put a pic on later when i figuer out how what i need to know is how do i clean it up if anyone knows please let me know thanks

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
kentucky dirt fisher said:
me and a good friend was hunting a old civil war site and have been digging bulletts all day, he have found a old fire pt and was digging on it and i worked my way down the hill, having found a lot of 3 ringers i took a break and was looking around and saw a old cave i walked down and started decting in front of it when i hit a strong metal sound on my garrett 1500 i dig down about 4 inchs and hit rock i dug around the rock and hit another i dug around it and put my garrett pinponiter in the hole and it went off i dugg down another 3 inches and saw a pices of rustly metal and dug it out and i sat there and looked at it and could not beleive my eyes it was a gun it looks like a old boot pistol but is rusted bad i will try to put a pic on later when i figuer out how what i need to know is how do i clean it up if anyone knows please let me know thanks
Would have to see it to get any kind of idea......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread