Tumbler Tip

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I saw a post where someone left the tumbler on too long and ruined a bunch of wheat cents. I plugged my tumbler up to an on/off switch timer and after 30 minutes to 23 hours, it shuts off automatically. I used it in 30 minutes and 1 hour increments and it works great. I can set up the tumble, turn it on and go do whatever I want. Sure beats watching the clock. Hope this tip helps.

Cal

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Farmercal said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I saw a post where someone left the tumbler on too long and ruined a bunch of wheat cents. I plugged my tumbler up to an on/off switch timer and after 30 minutes to 23 hours, it shuts off automatically. I used it in 30 minutes and 1 hour increments and it works great. I can set up the tumble, turn it on and go do whatever I want. Sure beats watching the clock. Hope this tip helps.

Cal

I think that was me. I left it on for about 24 hours. It cleaned the coins so well that most of the dates were worn off.
They were really clean though. :P

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
however, tumblers will cuase a lot of wear on coins, so i don't use them

HH
-GC