2 cent piece

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would it be okay to soak this in vegetable oil. i read the post about the fellow who used the lemon juice to clean his 2 cent piece. his warning kinda scared me off from his method. i know olive oil is recommended for soaking some coins but i only have vegetable. this coin is made of bronze. two cent piece 003.JPG two cent piece 006.JPG

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No oil !! Soak in acetone to remove any oils.. Then in distilled or RO water for a week.. clean under running water dabbing it with a sft makeup brush, then repeat the distilled RO water soak till it's clean as you'd like it..

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No oil !! Soak in acetone to remove any oils.. Then in distilled or RO water for a week.. clean under running water dabbing it with a sft makeup brush, then repeat the distilled RO water soak till it's clean as you'd like it..

you got to me too late cosmic, it has soaked in oil overnight, after doing a little more research i removed it from the oil and rinsed it, made my own sodium carbonate out of baking soda and distilled my own water since i didnt have any on hand. its soaking in the solution right now.

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its ruined, dont know if i can live with myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread