maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone tried the Ultra Sonic cleaner, from Harbor Freight? Is it worth buying, for cleaning coins and jewelry, or waste of time? I tried a small battery powered cleaner this week, that I bought at an auction for $2, but it did absolutely nothing. Im sure someone has some experience, so I would like to hear from you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Until someone pipes in - I did a quick search and found the following Forum hits on Ultra Sonic Cleaner...

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one a few weeks ago. It worked great on the buttons and silver bracelet I found. Still not convinced it is the best for coins. Lol. It works but not great on them. I got the bigger one that heats as well. I plan on using it for cleaning gun parts also.

typeo1313

Greenie
May 28, 2014
⚀ ⚂ ⚀ ⚂
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Ace 350, PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this thread while looking to see if one is to abrasive for relics and coins.

I purchased one about 5 years ago from HF to use for cleaning certain gun parts. It still works good, but I'll be honest, I only use it a few times a year. I also use it for my wives jewelry and once it did pop a diamond chip out of one of her rings. I noticed it right away and was able to reclaim the stone from the unit. I assume the stone was already loose, but I have no proof as I didn't check any of the stones until after it was cleaned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread