Zinc German coin : I need some cleaning advice. please

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all ,I recently dug a German 1942 Zinc 10 Richspfenning coin , that had a small hole put through it to wear or something ,that I assume was brought back as a momento from WW2 Service. As its made from zinc its in pretty bad shape tho mostly on the back where the # 10 is w/ med ,pitting but the front of the charn/coin is in pretty good shape the Bird ,eagle ,whatever holding the Swastika n its talons & the date are fairly readable with no ptting ; just the grenish crust makes seeing it a little difficult. My main question ?. Is there any way to bring out a little more detail on the front of the coin & or maybe remove some of the greenish crust., for display purposes. Im fairly certain the one who lost this piece would have a hell of a story to tell . thanks Davers:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thanks Mackaydon...Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread