tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever used this product? I just saw it advertised on QVC and it seems pretty neat.

Item Number L32103

The Speedy Plate Tarnish Remover

QVC Price $14.25
The incredible Speedy Plate is a nonabrasive and nonacidic tarnish remover. It can be used on anything from sterling to gold--even on plated metals! Originally designed to restore antiques, the plate causes a metallic reaction that makes tarnish disappear in seconds. Use it in hot water with washing soda. The reusable plate is safe for diamonds and other gemstones, but not for use on opals, pearls, enamel, or marcasite.

Measures approximately 8-1/2" x 5-3/4".

Made in USA.

Attachments

• l32103.001.jpg
    l32103.001.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,076
OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does it cause any damage to silver coins? will is clean clad?

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
tpmrcp said:
does it cause any damage to silver coins? will is clean clad?

I wouldn't use it to clean silver coins, although it's okay for items like silverware.

For clad, probably your best bet is a tumbler.

I have to admit that in most cases I'm not inclined to clean coins at all... just give 'em a good "leaving alone"!

However, I'm sure that other members have their own methods to recommend.

Ruth H.

Jun 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes..it works great. You cannot use just plain soda. It has to be a washing soda . If the item is really tarnished badly, you will need to redo it at least twice. The water will be dark , so you will need to refill with hot water and the soda again. The piece will last tarnish free for a long er time using this method.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just tried this, using alu foil, and warm water with soda, but it burnt holes in the alu. Probably too thin, will try later, when I find something thicker.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread