WawaDuane

Oct 12, 2013
Northern Ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mix them with spent brass rifle shells and water...occasionally some dish washing liquid. I keep pennies with pennies, nickels alone...etc. Seems to work for me.

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found using a little laundry detergent 1/2 and 1/2 white vinegar, water and pea gravel to work the best so far, don't use the same pea gravel used for cleaning penny's, run for it about a half hour and change out, if your barrel builds up pressure pull the top off and scoop out some foam.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All done cleaning for the year, turned out to be 11 pounds. I don't cash in, so to prevent oxidation I vacuum sealed them.
100_0588.JPG 100_0589.JPG

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!! you have alot of Cents:tongue3:and alot more the Quarters , Dimes , Nickels turned out nice. Did you get much silver this year?
Your pic,s make me want to start cleaning my clad ,but i'm still to lazy to get a tumbler also does your cent bag contain any Zinc cents?.:thumbsup:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Cool!...I actually used to use Pea Gravel, than one day did it without the gravel, and there was really know difference. I always use Dishwasher Powder deterergent, and a little bit of oil...they come out looking great!

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man!! you have alot of Cents:tongue3:and alot more the Quarters , Dimes , Nickels turned out nice. Did you get much silver this year?
Your pic,s make me want to start cleaning my clad ,but i'm still to lazy to get a tumbler also does your cent bag contain any Zinc cents?.:thumbsup:

Not much in Silver this year. My cent bag contains both Zinc and Copper I don't the through penny's other than picking out the Wheat's, I keep the Wheat's sealed the same as the Silver.
100_0591.JPG

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey guys, I read on a blog that Aquarium rock does excellent with Dawn dishwashing soap. Good luck out there. Rook.

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Potts do you use powder or liquid laundry detergent and how much of it and water do you use? How long did do you let your tumbler run? Your coins came out looking great... Thanks for the help...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread