help me save these Ancient Coins

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that Acetone (available at hardware stores) dissolves Lucite, which many keepsakes are "permanently" mounted in for plaques and trophies. So research it and see if it can work on your coins. Maybe a test run first...good luck, Sub 8-)

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I believe Acetone is a common ingredient in nail polish remover.

Be sure to use in a well-ventilated room - and probably a good idea to not smoke around it.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I bought a seated dime with tape and glue stuck all over it. :icon_scratch: Someone tried to cut the tape and glue off with a razor blade and failed. I took the coin and used electrolysis on it. :lightbulb_off:After maybe 20 minutes, I took the coin out and the tape and glue pealed right off... :headbang: I sold the shinny coin for a nice profit !! :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
maybe even put it outside

OP
OP
bountyhuntergirl86

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told that Acetone (available at hardware stores) dissolves Lucite, which many keepsakes are "permanently" mounted in for plaques and trophies. So research it and see if it can work on your coins. Maybe a test run first...good luck, Sub 8-)

Great it worked!! Thanks so much!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I believe that's what they use to remove super glue, as long as the metal can take it, your good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread