Is This a Good Rock Tumbler... Help!

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up guys I have decided to start cleaning the coins me and ad have found over the last 4 years. We have about 600 bucks worth so I have a lot of cleaning to do haha.... I found this one on Harbor Fright (Dual Drum Rotary Rock Tumbler) Will it do the job? What do you guys use a tumbler or vibrator (that don't sound right haha) What do you put in with the coins to help clean? Thanks guys and God Bless....

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the same tumbler and would recommend it to anyone.

Put coins + water + pea gravel + a single drop of dawn dish soap and let it go for 2 hour or so and they'll come out looking great. I used to worry about keeping pennies and dimes/nickels/quarters separate due to discoloration, but decided it didn't matter and just mix them now.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the harbor freight tumbler as well, it works great, I use water and bar keepers friend and dawn dish soap sometimes, it all depends on what I have available. HH

OP
OP
D

dmoss8928

Jul 25, 2013
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some bar keepers friend and I didn't think about using that.... I took mr helton advise and use pea gravel + water + dish soap and it worked pretty good.... So of the coins didn't come out any better but they were realyl bad from the start... I will have to try BKF tho...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread