New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any cleaning you have done so far, even running under water and rubbing with anything, is considered "cleaning" I'm not 100 percent, you would have to check, a matron head is probably not worth allot, if you can't see a date already it's more likely only worth 20 bucks (again you have to determine value) If I found it (of course you don't even have a pic of it here) I would hot peroxide bath it and pick the bejeasus out of it with a toothpick. NGC has a free membership online so you can use there reserch tab for there "coin explorer" to help determine a value, LC'c have allot of different varieties for different dates, so value can be hard sometimes to figure. How about good closeup photos in natural light so everyone can see? Here is a link to your coin???

Coronet Cents | Coronet Cents | NGC Coin Explorer

OP
OP
M

Molon Labe

Feb 4, 2014
PA
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I am a coin collector and know that it does not have much value but I just want to know the date for personal use. Water and rubbing it lightly with a q-tip would not get it into a details holder at PCGS or NGC. Also, I see you're in NJ too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread