Found crusty old Barlow knife I think, I'd be foolish if I didnt' try electrolisys.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Indian Steve and I did some dirt digging at a pretty good spot today.

I'm sorry for the pics, rough day and I'm tired!

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

Not a whole lot today, Steve and I were pretty beat. I did find a very pretty junk pendant.

Mon Mar 20 16-53-03.jpg

So, it really was a pretty good day.

I've a set up for electrolisys, it's time to try something, anything I'd not tried before!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, its a Barlow knife.
A great whitlin' knife it is!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been an awful busy day, my cousin moved in today to live, and she propped the door open and I didn't know it. I can only find one of my 3 kitties. Maybe they're hiding and I couldn't find them. Already lost all three of our cats last year, these kittens replaced them and I really do believe they saved Mom's life, she's 91. Very deep grief on that loss.

It is going to be a few very busy day in front of me. I'm going to do the Electrolysis and see just what I come out with on the knife. It sure is crusty, was at the top of the hardpack, and thinking that is a pretty deep sink in the soil. It's a lot older than the normal stuff I find here, judging by the corruption.

So, why not! Let's see what happens. I'll get my cousin to take better pictures, I have the shakes, don't much worry about them, except when I need a good picture.

Right now I'm worried about my kittens. We lost 3 last year so you know darned well I'm worried right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not so sure my cousin's hands were steadier than mine. Here's a couple new pics from her:

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see the Results of "Cooking" the Pocket Knife, as I have quite a few that need some kind of Preservation.

I lost 3 10+ y/o Kitty's last year as well , All in 2+ months .

I really hope you find your Kittens , or have found them.

No big rush on the Knife, but I would love to see the results.
Thanks
Davers

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The good news was that I found the missing kittens and they're just fine. Though they're still hiding from the new rat dog my cousin brought with her.

This little house is stacked floor to ceiling with just walkways through. I'm 67 years old and carried two mattresses and a box spring and a dresser up stairs, and then they wanted me to take them to town..... NOT!!!! It took me hours to recover, darned near stroked out. Yesterday was a day of dedicated laziness.

I do need to get to work on the knife! Like normal, too many other buzzards circling my corpse!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread