RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following a method that was shared on my Facebook group, I did try the ammonia method on my Harrison token. I basically placed my token in an ammonia bath for about an hour.

Well... I am pretty glad with the result. I have stopped there and added a super thin layer of Ren Wax. Don't know if I should/could have gone further but already satisfied with the result. Even more so when I look at the reverse. It almost seemed as I was missing letters at the bottom but after that cleaning session, all letters are here !

pjimage.jpg pjimage-2.jpg pjimage-3.jpg

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it actually did. I do like that better actually.

I agree, it does look better with that little bit of a darker tone. I didn’t realize Ren wax could actually change the appearance of what it is applied to though. I think I’ll have to get myself a can of it.

OP
OP
R

RestoringYourFinds

Apr 11, 2012
Westchester, NY + FRANCE
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, it does look better with that little bit of a darker tone. I didn’t realize Ren wax could actually change the appearance of what it is applied to though. I think I’ll have to get myself a can of it.

It's not really cheap but you just need so little every time that a single order could last for over a year, maybe more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread