diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking of purchasing an ultrasonic cleaner for cleabing various items. Jewelry, tools, watches, etc.. Number one question is are they worth it? I was wondering if a good used dental bath type would be a good choice? Also, how important is the basket? I don't want buy one of those toy looking made in China junk's and I have the opportunity to get one for a decent price. Thanks

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does vibrate so scratches are possible. I would not use it in high value coins.

5DF774AA-9A0F-4D46-AC81-1F8F92F6C2E2.jpeg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It work good at getting the crud out of my watch band

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched a Youtube video about ultrasonic cleaners recently. You have to be careful how you use them, as they take off trash, and then take away from the base metal if you keep them cranking.

Having said that, I have put a good one on my Amazon Wish List for my kids to pick from. I'll be careful in my usage!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I know there are some things that shouldn't be put in there. Certain kinds of jewelry for one. The more I think about it though, the possibilities for it's use are many. My eyeglasses for starters. I have some old Gillette safety razors that would fair well in it too. I wonder how old bottles would do? I know it can't do anything with sick glass but regular dirt should be better than a bottle brush huh.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder how old bottles would do? I know it can't do anything with sick glass but regular dirt should be better than a bottle brush huh.

That's a pretty darned good question!

Any electrolysis users out there do old bottles too?

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Any electrolysis users out there do old bottles too?

I'd approach them with the same rules as tumbling, fine for some, maybe most, but some I wouldn't clean under any circumstances, those that I could never replace.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Santa brought me an H&B Luxuries CD-4820 Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner 2500 ml with heater.

41HZ3gosGaL.jpg

I probably won't use it for a few days, gotta get my act back together following that long drive back from Northern Detroit last night, miles and miles of tail lights in front of me, and miles and miles of headlights behind me. I knew it would be the day after Christmas, but the worst I'd ever endured during an estimated 76 return trips. Twice a year for 38 years.

Not the man I used to be.

But, now to a question.....

According to the manual, using the heater function speeds up and betters the cleaning. Anyone with any experience using one with a heater?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread