How should I perverse this metal plate piece?

Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a while ago and need some ideas on perversing it. I think it is made out of a lead mixed with tin because of how it is crumbling away ( I have heard it does that), the blue/white corrosion, and the small amount of rust on the edge. Like I said, it is crumbling away and I think it is a really cool and pretty piece. Also, if you know what the scene is depicting, I would love to know. image.jpg image.jpg

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a pretty piece. Too bad you don't have it all. Must be famous building. perhaps someone will recognize it. Now that it is out of the ground maybe it will stop corroding.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not sure if Elmer's glue or hot wax would seal it. Then there is the option Renaissance micro-crystalline wax to seal it up.
It's a cool scene on the piece for sure.

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if Elmer's glue or hot wax would seal it. Then there is the option Renaissance micro-crystalline wax to seal it up.
It's a cool scene on the piece for sure.
Thanks for the ideas! I have heard of the elmers glue trick and had been thinking about using it. I heard it was more for Puter but I do not know. The wax is also a good idea

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a pretty piece. Too bad you don't have it all. Must be famous building. perhaps someone will recognize it. Now that it is out of the ground maybe it will stop corroding.
when I found it I was hoping that to but I have had this for a while and when I touch the sides it just starts crumbling away. I think that the place is next to a lake if that helps with finding out what the building is.

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I am going to go with the Elmer’s glue and water trick.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do an online search using Something along the lines of "Images, famous old hotel, (name of town or county and state near where it was found)". If that doesn't work try adding the words, or "water" you might even add "grand" since all the big ones liked that description.

An online search looks for all the words used so I try not to use "the", "in", "around" etc since the search will bring up everything, and I mean every thing, it can find online with those extra/useless words in it.
Changing the same words around in a different sequecne can alter the results as well.

BTW- not to pick at you but I think you meant to ask how to preserve this artifact. (When I saw "perverse" I almost expected to see a graphic brothel token. LOL)

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would do an online search using Something along the lines of "Images, famous old hotel, (name of town or county and state near where it was found)". If that doesn't work try adding the words, or "water" you might even add "grand" since all the big ones liked that description.

An online search looks for all the words used so I try not to use "the", "in", "around" etc since the search will bring up everything, and I mean every thing, it can find online with those extra/useless words in it.
Changing the same words around in a different sequecne can alter the results as well.

BTW- not to pick at you but I think you meant to ask how to preserve this artifact. (When I saw "perverse" I almost expected to see a graphic brothel token. LOL)
Thanks you! And yes, I did mean preserve.sorry for the miss spelling!

OP
OP
Vermont treasure hunter
Jul 7, 2020
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the Elmers glue trick and it has definitely worked! Also, what I had thought was a building may really be a steam boat. It also looks like it is in a large body of water and that there is a dock on the bottom. Hopefully this will help me find out what this is depicting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions