FLOATERS FOLGER ELECTROLYSIS MACHINE

OP
OP
F

Floater

Thats Great Stuff GunFarce. I love the Weldor and Welder line . LMAO. I will check it out some more. No I have no intentions of going into that line of work. I had that dream once and it passed me by. This is a good thing. LOL Thanks for the help here and your always welcome in my arena. Thanks Again. HH

OP
OP
F

Floater

Good Luck with that Mtl Hntr. How did Prom night go. Hope she wasnt too late. ;) Thanks for looking. Now I just have to get rid of those two Smart A$$es Dano And Pete. ;D Just kiddin guys.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Ha.. Ya I always used to try and drum that Weldor/welder difference into my students..
If you 'really' want to know what it's like to weld under water, 'and' you have some metal fillings in your mouth, ball up a wad of aluminum foil, stick it in your mouth, and chew it for a few minutes.. now THATS a real taste of power.. ;D
The T.V. show 'Mythbusters' that was on last night, used the same method of electrolysis to electroplate a copper disk with zinc.. They just substituted one of the poles with a chunk of zinc and waited for the electron flow to carry the zinc to the copper..

D

Darod

Dave,

I guess I missed it ? What is the solution percentages in the folger's bucket? What was it? water and baking soda? what amounts?

Rod

OP
OP
F

Floater

I don't use electrolysis much anymore. Now I put my coins in my bottom lip and suck on em.

ROFL ,Well Badger if you got enough fillings like me I guess just a nine Volt with a couple of ends in our cheeks and were ready to go. LOL
Rod, I have heard conflicting stories on this but I want to say that the Salt is the best for cleaning and then the Baking soda after to just remove the final residue. ::) I just invent . ??? LOL

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Whats also pretty neat, if you want to take this a little more to the extream! Use a 300-400 amp D.C. welding 'generator', (45 or higher OCV 'open circuit voltage')and plug the leads into your freshly watered lawn, you'll have enough worms pop to the surface to satisfy any fishing expedition, or just sell the damn things for 'clad'..ha..

P

PrizmIV

id be willing to buy one of those from floater! ;D

R

rvbvetter

Floater; I made your electrolysis machine, using a metal folgers can. But i must have wired it wrong. Cause my neighbor came over and picked it up, and next thing i know, he's looking like Frankenstein and i'm standing there going, IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!! HH

OP
OP
F

Floater

I guess I never mentioned it was the Plastic Folgers cans. ::) LOL :D :D

P

Parangjim

FLOATER,
Thanks amigo for the great idea. I love this forum and one of the reasons is that people like you with a ton of ability(inventiveness) are willing to share with the rest of us. i will be building your Folger's machine in the next few days and going back to some of my early finds and trying to clean them a bit better. as I've said before, I'm amazed at the helpfullness of everyone on here.
jim

OP
OP
F

Floater

Your Welcome Jim, Just remeber its the Plastic Folgers bucket's ;D Let us know how they clean up, A couple of before and after shots would be great. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only tried electrolysis once on an aluminum token.? Guess what?? I found out you can't clean aluminum that way!? I have a small rheostat that can reverse polarity and can be adjusted from 3 to 12 volts.? No idea how many amps.? Hooked it up in a glass container, tossed in some salt and let it go at 6 volts.? After 10 minutes, nothing.? So I cranked it up to 12 volts and saw some nice bubbles.? I went to take a shower and when I came back the token had disappeared and so had the terminal end it was attached to!? All that was left was a little residue in the bottom of the glass....aluminum oxide I think it may have been?? Neat token too or it was!? Moral of the story?? Just don't overdo it!? JIM

R

rusty nails

;D or is it not to take a shower when in the act of eloctolysis (sp) ???

R

rvbvetter

WOW!! Is that just for your detecting finds? Impressive. Looks to be up there with the Mel Fisher setups. HH

OP
OP
F

Floater

Conservator, Thanks for the tips on solution. I do mention above a Stainless spoon I modified for delicate objects. I like your screen and Platinum wire system too. Where could I find these items? Is the soda ash the same as the pool supply house has? And where do you get the sodium Hydroxide? Thanks
~Floater~

OP
OP
F

Floater

Thanks Conservator. I do live in Ft. Lauderdale. I will check my pool supply store and then Ebay. If I hit a snag I'll give you a shout. I also would like to mention that we would all like to see some before and after shots of objects big and small that you may have cleaned. I know this may be personal or just not done for security purposes but if possible it would be great. I am very interested in the time tables and power used for these also. If you get bored some night and feel like posting I'm sure it would be a thrill for a few of us. Thanks Again.
~Floater~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread