The E. Ingraham Co. Clock

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
I stopped by a yard sale today and picked up a mantle clock. I am trying to find out how old it is. I haven't been able to find anything online... Figured I could check here...

It is manufactured by The E. Ingram Co., Bristol, Conn., U.S.A. - on the back is a tag that says "Duplex No. 1" - it's an 8-day - that's about all I have been able to find...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks....

Crystal

OP
OP
jadewhiskey

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
Thanks - here are the images:

clock%20001.jpg

clock%20002.jpg

clock%20003.jpg

clock%20004.jpg

clock%20005.jpg

Thanks for your assistance...

It is missing the pendulum - not sure what else might be missing - i just loved how it looked...

JadeWhiskey

OP
OP
jadewhiskey

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
Hi Lafatlife,

Thanks... Interesting... I haven't been able to find any information on this model... I would like to find out the year and to see if there is a repairman in my area that might be able to take a look at it to get it working... I was told that it was just the pendulum missing - but, for less than $10 - I didn't think it was a bad deal...

Much appreciated... Talk soon.

JadeWhiskey

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
A good deal. Pendulums can be got for these clocks. Exact date can be a problem to find on some of these items.

The duplex strike is from the 1920s through 1930s.

It may have a date code on the front of the movement, but if you don't know how to take it apart: do not!

My advice is to find a clock repair man in your area and have it serviced, meaning a cleaning and if needed a re bushing etc. Of course a new pendulum.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, nice clock!
Horologists are tough to find up here, if you have'nt found one yet, email me, I know a guy in Kittery, he's done an 1800 presswood & a couple watches for me/
Good Day, Herbie.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
finally found a little something on this clock. "Ingraham 'Art No. 1 Duplex' Mantle Clock 1b1
Ingraham 'Art No. 1 Duplex' Mantle Clock is a nice piece that measures 20 3/4 x 9 1/2 inches. This clock has a convex glass and a 5 3/4 inch signed Ingraham eight day dial, with a nicely designed case. The clock is in great condition, circa 1920 and has a brass eight day movement striking on the hour. Take a look at the terrific label on the inside of the back door, this clock was taken care of very well."

Unfortunately there were no pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread