Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Mar 2005
    New Hampshire

The E. Ingraham Co. Clock

I stopped by a yard sale today and picked up a mantle clock. I am trying to find out how old it is. I haven't been able to find anything online... Figured I could check here...

It is manufactured by The E. Ingram Co., Bristol, Conn., U.S.A. - on the back is a tag that says "Duplex No. 1" - it's an 8-day - that's about all I have been able to find...

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks....

Crystal

Feb 2008
    19 times

Re: The E. Ingraham Co. Clock

Photos if you can, and of the movement also.

Mar 2005
    New Hampshire

Thanks - here are the images:

Thanks for your assistance...

It is missing the pendulum - not sure what else might be missing - i just loved how it looked...

JadeWhiskey

us
    May 2008
    CT
    1 times

This will help a little bit: http://www.clockguy.com/SiteRelated/...amHistory.html

They were around when Seth Thomas clock factory was running in it's prime. I live in the town that had the Seth Thomas factory in it and our town is named after it.

It is from the mid to late 1800's. I haven't found the exact model as yet but it gives you and idea.

Mar 2005
    New Hampshire

Hi Lafatlife,

Thanks... Interesting... I haven't been able to find any information on this model... I would like to find out the year and to see if there is a repairman in my area that might be able to take a look at it to get it working... I was told that it was just the pendulum missing - but, for less than $10 - I didn't think it was a bad deal...

Much appreciated... Talk soon.

JadeWhiskey

Feb 2008
    19 times

A good deal. Pendulums can be got for these clocks. Exact date can be a problem to find on some of these items.

The duplex strike is from the 1920s through 1930s.

It may have a date code on the front of the movement, but if you don't know how to take it apart: do not!

My advice is to find a clock repair man in your area and have it serviced, meaning a cleaning and if needed a re bushing etc. Of course a new pendulum.

Mar 2005
    New Hampshire

thank you very much... I will look for a good clock repairman... Much appreciated...

us
    Jan 2010
    New Hampshire
    Whatever Beeps
    322 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (6)

Hello, nice clock!
    Horologists are tough to find up here, if you have'nt found one yet, email me, I know a guy in Kittery, he's done an 1800 presswood & a couple watches for me/
    Good Day, Herbie.
    Desire is oft more pleasant than acquisition

us
    May 2008
    CT
    1 times

finally found a little something on this clock. "Ingraham 'Art No. 1 Duplex' Mantle Clock 1b1
    Ingraham 'Art No. 1 Duplex' Mantle Clock is a nice piece that measures 20 3/4 x 9 1/2 inches. This clock has a convex glass and a 5 3/4 inch signed Ingraham eight day dial, with a nicely designed case. The clock is in great condition, circa 1920 and has a brass eight day movement striking on the hour. Take a look at the terrific label on the inside of the back door, this clock was taken care of very well."

Unfortunately there were no pictures.

us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Garrett AT Pro, XP DEUS, Teknetics T2SE, Fisher 1266X, Garrett Propointer
    346 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

How to date Ingraham time pieces:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6591619_date...ham-clock.html
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

Visit
    Old Virginia Blog

Proud great-great grandson of three Confederate soldiers: John Meredith Crutchfield who served with the 60th Virginia, Maurice Coffey, & John McGann who both served with the 51st Virginia. Grandpa Crutchfield and Grandpa Coffey were both wounded and both served time in Yankee prisons.

Sponsors