Old pocket watch..................

Fred (S.Indiana)

Apr 8, 2007
Evansville
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
found in sewing machine drawer, when first found the gold was muted and dull, and I did not know it was a lever set watch so I didn't think it would work, took it to a jeweler here in evansville to get it cleaned up, and when I got it back I was surprised how nice it really was, the case reads"Deuber Special" the jeweler said that the case is solid 14kt (it is not marked) he told me that the serial # corresponds with the date of 1886, but does not match the movement#, possibly the movement was added later as its serial corresponds with 1896, manufactured by "Molly Starz" I believe it is a size 16 hunter model, Value? I've seen simaler models go for $500.00 on e-bay............

Attachments

• watch5.jpg
    watch5.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 442
  • watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 447
  • watch3.jpg
    watch3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 429
  • watch6.jpg
    watch6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 444
Jul 13, 2012
Your watch is a model 1, 3/0 size Hampden. The case has nothing to do with the watch. The watch is a 7 jewel movement. It's average grade. Your jeweler is wrong! The care is 14k gold-filled. I am 100% sure of this. It is not solid gold. If he thinks it is solid gold, you need to sell it to him ASAP. No watch person you may sell it to will think it is solid gold. Your watch, assuming it runs, you can get around $100: the watch market is really soft right now. The serial number on the case means nothing. Only concern yourself with the serial number on the watch to date it, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions