New Guy

Mzim2000

Sep 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find out more info on this clock. My parents bought a house in 1968, the owners were retiring and did not want to bring the clock so my Grandfather bought it. I was told he paid the owners $5000 for it!!

It stayed in the house, my parents divorced and sold the house at which time my Grandfather had it moved to his office. He passed away in 1982 and it stayed in his office until the liquidated the company about 15 years later, my oldest sister then took the clock and displayed it in her house.

Unfortunately, she passed away at 45 years old in 2002 and the clock stayed at her house. Her husband remarried about 10 years later and moved, so I got the clock. My youngest sister wanted to put it in the law office she worked for, I lobbied my Mom to let me have it.

One problem, it is over 9 feet tall and I only have 8 ft. ceilings! I ripped out a portion of the ceiling and raised it up two feet so it would fit.

I tried dating it and could not. Someone sent me a picture from a 1905 Herschede catalog showing the clock!
It is listed as a Pattern No. 93.

It has no serial number so it pre-dates Herschede making their own movements in 1911. It does have Frank Herschede Clock Company Cincinnati, OH on the name plate on the dial and the tubes are marked Herschede also.

I looked in the weights, no newspaper wrappings. So, at least I know it is at least a 1905, maybe a little older or newer as I have been unsuccessful in getting a catalog from 1904 or earlier, or 1906 and later.

At the time my Grandfather bought the clock he was told there were only 4 of this design made. To date, many searches later, I have found one other clock online. Any search of Herschede pattern no. 93 comes up empty.

Any comments? The clock has been in my family for 51 years now and I dont plan on letting it go..hopefully my son will appreciate it someday!
20170102_184959.jpg

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might ask Vaughn's Clock Shop in Greensburg, Indiana an old college buddy of mine works there Quentin. They specialize in old clocks and are close proximity to Ohio so I'm sure they have seen plenty of old grandfather clocks.
[email protected]
(812) 591-9275

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's magnificent!
And welcome to the forum!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Good luck with gathering more information on the clock.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from MI Tommy

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Mzim2000! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to ANTIQUES & COLLECTIBLES > CLOCKS for more exposure.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sent a FR hope you accept I like to share my finds and experiance. Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member