Grandfather Clock Identification help needed,

edman44

Jul 31, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon All,
I just acquired my first Grandfather Clock yesterday. And like others, I have no clue who the maker of the clock is? I was hoping someone here that might have a background as a clockmaker or work on Clocks could be of some help in determining the model or make of my Grandfather Clock? I have a few pictures And a newspaper clipping I found in the bottom of the clock Dated 1998 That tells the story of one Sam Dehart who after world war 2 created several walking sticks and was a master woodworker. Anyway here are the pictures of the clock. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• clock 1.jpg
    clock 1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 66
  • clock 3.jpg
    clock 3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 62
  • clock 4.jpg
    clock 4.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 58
  • clock 6.jpg
    clock 6.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 67
  • clock 2.jpg
    clock 2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 66

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
I seem to remember reading that you can (sometimes) find information on the inside clock movement. Also - I have never seen a clock with a window to view the movement on the backside! Maybe that will help with the identification.

OP
OP
E

edman44

Jul 31, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello VP, I appreciate the info. I have a gentleman on Facebook that is a clock repairmen. And had me sent him a few photo's. For him to go over and he said maybe he can tell me the maker of the clock or at less tell me who made time peace that go's inside the case. Thanks Sir for the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread