OP
goldpaner

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
emtrescue said:
Have you tried calling Bulova themselves to see if they could help?

1-800-228-5682 9a-5p e.t.
yES I WROTE THEM A LETTER WITH A PIC AND #S ON BACK THEY DIDENT WRITE ME BACK.

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
well that bites. Any numbers on it whatsoever? I read somewhere about serial or model number below the six, but I'm guessing you have read the same thing then.

OP
OP
goldpaner

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
emtrescue said:
well that bites. Any numbers on it whatsoever? I read somewhere about serial or model number below the six, but I'm guessing you have read the same thing then.
There is some #s on back they are boluva L1 4909226 under the 6 there is a second hand

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Here's what I got so far - L1 = 1951. The only thing I have came up with is a "fancy lug" but the case is different -it has an odd way of holding the band on it. I'll keep looking though.

OP
OP
goldpaner

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
emtrescue said:
Oh and btw. is that actual numbers on the face or is it roman numerals.
Thank you for geting info on it is there real rubys and dimond or do i have to take it to a jewler their is a boluva under the twelve but icant find any rowman#s thank you so much but now i really confused one other girl said she had one just like it minus jewles she told me the 20s if you find out anymore please let me know because you really found out more than i have in months thankyou.

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I mean the numbers for the clock face - the pic is blurry to me and I cant tell if it's roman numerals or regular numbers. Just curious.

ALso in addition to the below, I read somewhere where the watch could have been rebuilt and it have a stamp on the case to identify the date and also theres a date on the timepiece (inside) that marks the date. if the date is more than one year, it could have been rebuilt.

From the Bulova website:

Starting in 1948 Bulova began marking the back of watch cases with the year of the watch. To determine the age of a watch made prior to 1948, you would need to send it to Bulova service, as the only year indication for these watches is inside the casing. For watches from 1948 and 1949 the actual year is printed. After that, a letter denoting the decade followed by the digit of the year is marked. This practice began in the '50s, with the letter L. M signified the '60s, N the '70s, P the '80s, T the '90s and A the '00s (2000). So, for example, if P9 is on the case back, the watch was manufactured in 1989.

OP
OP
goldpaner

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
goldpaner said:
:-[i CANT GET ANY INFO ON THIS WATCH ANYONE SEEN ONE? ITS A ROSEGOLD BULOVA AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE RUBYS AND DIMONDS. WHEN THE LIGHT HITS THEM THEY ARE DEEP RED PLEASE HELP ME ID THIS THING.
Well there isent any #s they have been replaced with 9,12,and three have rubys blood red and the reast are real small diomonds no #s at all and i dont see any #s as for rebuilt hope you can see a little my digital dosent take good close ups im sorry maybe if i email you i could send a bigger pic.

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Here's a forum that has a bunch of ppl that can identify watches pretty well. Post over there and see if anyone can help.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/index.php

Good luck.

I'm betting it's a combination - the face and internals come from one year and the case from another. But I'm just guessing here. In 1945ish they made a watch with white gold as 9 of the numbers and yellow gold as the 12, 9, and 3 - this looks like a variation of that.

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
From what I can discern that looks to be a leather strapped 1951 Bulova made of pink gold. For an average watch of this time period you would be looking at around $200-$400 refurbished. I haven't seen that exact year anywhere and definately not one with stones in it so it may be worth a lot more.

I would suggest taking it in to a jeweler to be tested.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Take the watch to your local jeweler. Also, check the newspaper. National auction houses have free appraisals in major cities. The other alternative is to take it to "Antiques Roadshow."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread