Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommi said:
This beautiful Seiko mens watch was made by handmade machines with custom engraving and timeless elegance of a broken digital face, no wrist band as one is not needed for this unique and beautiful item, it was found by the turbulent sea most likely spat out by Neptune himself, some even say the Flying Dutchman was seen wearing a similar piece. :o

Great item description! You've sold me on it. I'll take TWO! :D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey guys,

I've found many of cases and broken parts and guts. But these by far are my best watches dug. Found in 05 hidden in a old container all sealed up. Found about 8 to 10 inches down. Had a piece of sandstone covering it all up. Hit like a silver dollar. Thought I had a box of bolts till I got it home.

HH Jer

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,18753.0.html

Attachments

• cache 25.jpg
    cache 25.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1,462

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here is the backside of my favorite watch out of the whole cache.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Cache 2.jpg
    Cache 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,406

Brendan M.

Apr 14, 2006
Warrensburg, New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Bullseye II pinpointer, Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buckle, great idea! And to everyone else: great finds!!!!

Here's a pic of a silver pocketwatch back, as well as the guts of another (maybe the same watch), both found at the "Spoon Graveyard."

Cheers and HH,
Brendan

Attachments

• Key Watch Reed.jpg
    Key Watch Reed.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,383
  • Pocket_Watch.jpg
    Pocket_Watch.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,396
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Jer! One HELLUVA Cache! Some fine watches there...any idea what the "newest" thing in the cache was?

-Buckleboy

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
First thing Great idea Buckleboy I forgot to add that the last time. I was trouble shooting my camera for the last 2 weeks and finally got it to work today.

Yes, I do have a idea on the age of the cache. The medal is dated 1915. I had the finds looked over by a jewler. They were from the 20's and 30's. But the Delegate medal was from 1915.

I think it was hidden right before WW2 late 30's early 40's. I have a few ideas to why maybe it was burried. It was a W&E best find for 2005. I'll never forget the day. It was the day before my b-day. I couldn't go out for my B-day so I went out the day before.

I was kind of bummed out to. Hot day I didn't have my son's or brother to go out and hunt with. And I make this great find. I couldn't open it in the field. It was mortored sealed shut. Here is me out in the field shaking this box with these great finds in it and not even knowing.

When I got it home and started to cut it open like a sardean can and I saw a glimps of gold I about had a heart attack. I'll never forget the day. I beleive more of these types of stashes are out there. Extremely rare to come by though.

Thanks again man,

Also alot of nice pieces by the other memebers on this board.

HH Jer

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
Here is me out in the field shaking this box with these great finds in it and not even knowing.

At least it wasn't the bones of a buried PET! :P

Thanks for sharing a little more about that exciting moment! I didn't subscribe to W&E then--only from 1992-97 or so... and that's an older post on Tnet, so I had never even seen it. Great find! Seems like sometimes those good recoveries take us by surprise.

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
Hey guys,

I've found many of cases and broken parts and guts. But these by far are my best watches dug. Found in 05 hidden in a old container all sealed up. Found about 8 to 10 inches down. Had a piece of sandstone covering it all up. Hit like a silver dollar. Thought I had a box of bolts till I got it home.

HH Jer

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,18753.0.html

Jer,
That find is FANTASTIC!!! Congrats to you.
-MM-

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
just a frame and main gear with spring, but it matches up with an early 18th century one in a book.

clockparts.jpg

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wwwtimmcp said:
just a frame and main gear with spring, but it matches up with an early 18th century one in a book.

Thanks for posting! It looks like our favorite clock piece there on the left. 8) Nice finds.

-Buckles

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will, this is all that I have to offer. The inside frame of a clock and maybe some component or gear (not sure if that or a piece from a very large button). Found it on Big Bethel Battlefield. Hey....AT least it is alittle something! :wink:

Attachments

• MD pics 169.jpg
    MD pics 169.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,218

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
{Sentinel} said:
Will, this is all that I have to offer. The inside frame of a clock and maybe some component or gear (not sure if that or a piece from a very large button). Found it on Big Bethel Battlefield. Hey....IT least it is alittle something! :wink:

I have that EXACT part. I dug it in a area known to Civil War activity in Missouri. Identical to yours!

Baldingboy

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baldingboy said:
{Sentinel} said:
Will, this is all that I have to offer. The inside frame of a clock and maybe some component or gear (not sure if that or a piece from a very large button). Found it on Big Bethel Battlefield. Hey....IT least it is alittle something! :wink:

I have that EXACT part. I dug it in a area known to Civil War activity in Missouri. Identical to yours!

Baldingboy

Hey Buddy. How have you been? SO you found one of a round object like the one above? I know it goes to something from the War as I found it around a bunch of other relics...Just have never been able to ID it. That is really cool that you found one IDENTICAL to mine! :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TEXAN! Nice dug collection there!

Hey Sentinel and Baldingboy...

Are you certain it's a clock piece? I found a pocketwatch piece at a CW site...I'll post it here in the next day or two. But it doesn't look anything like that one. I wonder if there is anything else that mystery brass could be...

-Buckleboy

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
I found this Fossil Watch on the third sweep of the coil after Ground Balancing the machine behind the hotel I stayed at while at the beach. It was well above the high tide line, so it never got wet and it was keeping time when I found it. (I did tell the front desk I found a watch and if any one was looking for a lost watch, I left my name and number. I never heard from any one)

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,121
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,118

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I was looking through a chest of stuff my dad had after he passed away and found a coffee can with these old pocket watches and a few silver dollars. Im not sure if they are worth much but I think it would be cool if I could get one to work.

Attachments

• 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,160
  • 145.JPG
    145.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,097
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those watches are GREAT, undertaker!

You should take them to a watch repair shop and have them repaired. They are worth a nice amount each!

-Buckleboy

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Thanks TEXAN! Nice dug collection there!

Hey Sentinel and Baldingboy...

Are you certain it's a clock piece? I found a pocketwatch piece at a CW site...I'll post it here in the next day or two. But it doesn't look anything like that one. I wonder if there is anything else that mystery brass could be...

-Buckleboy

Hey Buck. It definitely could be something else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread