Another Alabamian

ShootTheMoon

Apr 20, 2010
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100, Pioneer 101
There really isn't a category for introductions....I just wanted to introduce myself.
I am from 3 corners of Alabama. I have spent half my life here. Hometown is Dothan/Ft. Rucker, I lived in Baldwin County 2004-2006 and I have lived here in North Alabama since end of '06.

I have metal detected all over Southeast Alabama and North Florida, I have not had a real chance to MD here in North Alabama. Three years IS a long time to go without a fix. :)
It's mainly because I have been busy with my career, being lazy, spending time with my family, horse, dog, and my mad love for anything bookish!
Also, gave up my old detector and have just now purchased 2, lucky finds in pawn shops...there aren't too many "dealers" in this area if you know what I mean.

I have went on 3 hunts in as many years, the beach where I gave up after an hour...P'cola too much fun and sun :)
And another in a local park, where I was thrilled to find $15ish in clad and a handful of foreign coins. I haven't had the opportunity to check them for anything significant yet, but it's on my "To-Do" list.

With that being said, have a safe weekend, dodge the tornadoes and as always: HAPPY HUNTING!

PS: Weekends I am up for forays....as in MDing! I don't know many people here and none that MD. I also have a hard time finding local historical locations due to Bankhead Forest Lands....have any ideas?

Braveman

Feb 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the South Huntsville area. Looking for a MDing buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread