Dixieland Research and Recovery Team ( D.R.R.T )

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
YAY us :hello2:..... It was good to get together after a long winter. Good to see Nana 40 with Charles, of course Tim and Stephanie, Dixiehunter145, and glad to meet Tested from Leeds. Looking forward to organizing some group hunts with the "team". Oh yea,Warsawdaddy we know you were there in spirit :laughing9:

OP
OP
TimC (North Alabama)

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I really enjoyed seeing everyone too, it's always fun to talk shop. Roy checked yesterday and found out the smith lake park owns Clarkston Covered bridge and that it's free to hunt as is Sprotsman Lake, Smith Lake park and beach.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! I had a fun time too! Was great to see everyone. :hello: I look forward to the next get-together!!!

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. We tried to Sunday the 8th but the rain stopped us. Someone will suggest a hunt on this board, usually TimC, Nana40 or Chefman and see who's interested. Sundays seem to work best for folks. Just keep an eye on this board.

Kent

Kevenater

Jan 10, 2007
Cullman, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
i'll keep an eye on it and maybe get together with y'all eventually. I haven't been in a long time. I work sundays though.....

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warsawdaddy said:
Hope all you guys stayed safe during those storms.

Me and Donna are safe but Donna's old stomping grounds got hit pretty bad.
Thanks for thinking about us.

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I definitely want to meet up with you guys and gals the next time there is a meeting.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good question, WRiver. We all need to meet up again soon. :)
HH

Boingo

Jun 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I'm a hunter from Milwaukee, recently moved to AL. I spent the last 2 years working on Byron Preiss' "The Secret" and now since I had to leave that hunt after some extenuating circumstances (I believe I had a 100% solution and even permission to dig out the casque) I want to find something else to take my mind off the loss. I seem to have a knack for doing the book hunts, but I wanted to move on to bigger and better things. I know there is a lot of buried gold and valuables in north AL, in addition to all the legends. I was just looking for a group of people to team up with and share the adventures and passion for treasure hunting.

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had never heard of The Secret before. Sounds really interesting. I would love to get together with some folks in North Alabama for some hunting whenever we can find the time.

Boingo

Jun 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Secret is a book hunt from 1981, Byron Preiss, eccentric and book publisher buried 12 porcelain treasure casques in 12 different cities across North America and wrote a book with illustrations and verses to lead you to the burial sites. The author died in 2005 and only 2 casques have been recovered to this date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread