Enjoyed Sundays Hunt with the DRRT group!

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoyed Sunday's Hunt with the DRRT group!

It was good to see you guys (Nana, Tim and Greg) again. Thanks for sharing a really cool spot. About 15 minutes after Greg left I got lucky and found an indian head a few yards from the chimney. If I didn't have my small coil I believe I would have missed it due to the nails around it. At one point I convinced myself it was a 1903 but just not sure but an IH nonetheless. The soil in our area is just not kind to pennies. Stayed another hour but nothing else of significance. Thanks again for the invite and looking forward to the next hunt. I'll !

Kent

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Enjoyed Sunday's Hunt with the DRRT group!

Wow Kent, that's great, we've been searching for a coin for the past two or three hunts. I'm glad to see you got one, and for the rest of us hope is not lost. How late did you stay? I'll be looking forward to the next on as well. Again, way to go.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nick left sick, I had a note on my car when I got back to it.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG, Kent! :icon_pirat: Try warm peroxide to clean it up at bit. That might help. I'm sorry I couldn't stay any longer than I did, but it was fun! :icon_thumright: Let's do that again soon.
I'm glad Dixie left you a note, Tim. I was worried about him.
Thanks for the invite, Greg!! Did you get the makers mark off the back of your button yet? :)

Nana :hello:

OP
OP
Kent in AL

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tim, I stayed until about 5. Maybe an hour after you guys left.

Nana, I will try that. I've heard of using peroxide but haven't tried it. I've done the olive oil thing but it takes weeks or more.

I'm ready to go again. I need to find a place for you guys to come hunt but get ready to drive. I set my trip meter on the way back - 45 miles! I didn't realize how far it was. But well worth it - beautiful weather, beautiful area.

Kent

dgnbama

Mar 6, 2011
hayden alabama
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nana I found the button on line and it was post war :'( but I'm still happy just not as happy as i was, also i cleaned that fob up and it appears to be silver, i cant swear on it but it feels like, looks like and sounds like silver :-\ so ill keep hoping that it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POST-CIVIL-...660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9579544

Did you find anything on your button?

Kent if all else fails cleaning that indian head try a rock tumbler with pea gravel soap & water, i've had some that were unreadable and figured what the heck and they actually cleaned up pretty good but i would try to get the date first to make sure that it wasnt a key date.

Hopefully we can all go again really soon it's been alot of fun.

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO

Sorry I didn't get out, sounds like you guys had a great time as usual. Until next time ....George :icon_thumright:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kent in AL said:
I'm ready to go again. I need to find a place for you guys to come hunt but get ready to drive. I set my trip meter on the way back - 45 miles! I didn't realize how far it was. But well worth it - beautiful weather, beautiful area.

Kent

Oh my goodness! 45 miles!? Now I feel even worse that I had to leave so early. :-\ But glad you found a keeper! :icon_thumright:

dgnbama said:
Nana I found the button on line and it was post war :'( but I'm still happy just not as happy as i was, also i cleaned that fob up and it appears to be silver, i cant swear on it but it feels like, looks like and sounds like silver :-\ so ill keep hoping that it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POST-CIVIL-...660?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c9579544

Did you find anything on your button?

Hopefully we can all go again really soon it's been alot of fun.
OH well, still a nice button, Greg. :icon_thumright: Can you post a pic of the FOB? I'd love to see it all cleaned up!

I do know that button it is a post office uniform button, but I don't know the time frame for it yet. Here's a pic...
100_3149.JPG

100_3150.JPG
The back reads:
The Fechheimer Bros Co Cincinnati

Had fun! Thanks for the invite. :)
Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread